Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys
can any body post a code that can get an array of data from pic to matlab.i am new to matlab doesnt even know the basics correctly ,so any tips might be helpful i am posting my code along with it

SerPIC = serial('COM1'); %<--change this appropriately
set(SerPIC,'BaudRate', 9600, 'DataBits', 8, 'Parity', 'none','StopBits', 1, 'FlowControl', 'none');
fopen(SerPIC); %--open the serial port to the PIC

% fprintf(SerPIC, '%s', '003');%--send a _three_ digit string to the PIC with no terminator ('%s')

int8y = fread (SerPIC,'003','int8'); %-- 003 = 00000011 in binary, so first two LEDs of PIC will light
t = 1:10;
plot (y);

fclose(SerPIC); %--close the serial port when done
delete(SerPIC);
clear SerPIC

this is the code i have entered . it keeps on returning the error, that fread should have a double value . but if i type
y = fread(SerPIC,'003')
y is not filled with any value - i checked it in the variable editor.
my actual problem i guess is to intake a 'double' array so that i can plot a graph . please help me with the input part . i guess i can do the plotting and other things

and here is the mplab code

#include <htc.h>

__CONFIG(2, PWRTDIS & WDTPS1 & WDTDIS);
__CONFIG(4, STVRDIS);

#define _XTAL_FREQ 20000000
void _delay(unsigned long int cycles);
void main()
{
TRISC =0X00;
TXSTA = 0X00;
SYNC = 0;
BRGH =1;