Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

marantz 1a 2232 sb & sanyo dp42476

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never trusted those line-dot generators for the final result the customer can apprise..

No, warranty repairs have to be made to component level, we're not allowed to replace modules except under special circumstances, (.. etc ..) quote]

I thought you did say in some other thread that with "plazma's" this is what you do..

With some specific problems you have no option, there are no spares available, and not even a circuit diagram - those are one of the 'special circumstances'. Examples would be PSU's in the old Sony plasma's, where it was a bought-in board, and even Sony didn't have a diagram.

But you are not required to return the faulty assemblies back - are you?

Depends on the circumstances, but generally Sony want all replaced boards back,

This opens the world to the "out of warranty" repairs... it may not be the case now - but it was the case before.. (the hard part is - you do not always have the diagrams for the sub-assemblies .. so you do need to make reasonable and fast assumptions from the info (in the service manual or your head).

Hopefully the warranty jobs stand you in good stead for later chargeable jobs, because it certainly doesn't pay enough to be viable. Whereas car repairs under warranty pay what the garage charges them, all we get paid is a small fixed 'contribution' towards the costs.

This repair world - I am sure you know - is not easy..

No, I've been doing it a LONG time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back