Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making Hydrogen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Frittzer, no iron oxide in an electrolytic cell that contains no iron..
Couple reason it may show up with stainless-steel electrodes are:
You live in the country and your well water has alot of iron..
Your SS wire is submerged and corrodes..
Stainless-steel isn't actually stainless, and some types are hardly stainless at all..

If you're using lead electrodes then you're getting primarily PbO2 plating at the anode while H2 is evolved at the anode.. PbO2 is black, but with traces of PbO, Pb3O4, and a few others it looks alot like a mixture of iron(II), and iron(III) oxides..

On a side note, be careful with lead precipitates.. Signifigant amounts can transfer to your hands etc, and lead poisoning is a cumulative thing..

30%?? If you gave us any credit at all you'd have the decency to say 5-10%..:)
Only 'fuel' you will save is the result of the energy initially in the battery, and that energy could be used more efficiently directly as electricity.. Even adding a process that theoretically yields 100% efficiency you lose energy due to living in the real world.. And this process isn't even theoretically efficient..

wowww easy der bigfella.
Facts is facts..... the added mileage Im getting is from the same gas I would use anyway ...what the genius scientists do not realize is that added hydrogen and oxygen makes sure all that gas gets burned. The first thing anyone that builds one will notice is all the increased power they will get, later they will notice if they look there is no exhaust fumes period.
When I first built one of these things I put it on my 14 HP Garden tracktor it was as if it was brand new. My wife always had to close the door and windows from the fumes before but not anymore and she was the one that brought that to my attention.
Any who let the gas companies and idiot auto makers BS you. I know better.
I thank you for your interest anyway.

Combustion efficiency is the one thing I know is affected, but not to the tune of 30%.. Do you know what ratio of H2:gasoline is that you're burning? Its something to worry about, read up on the difference between the research octane number, and the motor octane number of H2.. Ethanol addition is a better choice for that purpose, and that has nothing to do with the fact that ethanol vapour carries more energy/volume than H2, but rather the fact that its affects are more consistent across ranges of operating conditions..
If you think of leaded gas, H2 or ethanol in unleaded gasoline is analogous to the lead, not the fuel..

I'm not selling anything....sorry build your own.
Didnt know about the million but will look into it thank you.
Will say this of the four people I know thats build a hydro booster none of them get the amount of gas I do, this is both a good thing and a bad thing. Good because more hydrogen means more power and bad because my perticuler design cannot be sold because then I cannot get a design patent...talk about a rock and a hard place.
Did see a Patent lawyer $600.00 per hour just to talk to this guy and he sounded like you none believers......oh well.

Why couldn't you get a patent anyways? Was it because the design falls into the category of public domain common knowledge? You can get a patent for an electrolytic cell if its unique, but seriously dude you need to really bone up on your chemistry before you get there.. You can't go from not understanding half-reactions, or elemental immutability to revolutionizing the energy industry in a day or two..

But he has proof! Didn't you see??? His wife didn't close the window when he was driving his "garden tracktor"! :)

You people need to do some reading ...most patents are modifications electralosis was patented in 1918. I was looking at a design patent... my unit doubles the amount of hydrogen that anyone else is getting per unit of area.
It works so well I do not even use map sensors on the cars computer.

What do you mean more H2/area?? You'll get an increase in that value merely by reducing the distance(resistance) between the electrodes.. The r^2 factor regarding the distance is more important than the surface area, so if you're increasing surface area at the expense of separation distance then that it counterproductive..
Are you just using pipes for your electrodes?? That would double the electrode area, but it wouldn't double the output..
More current = more output.. Read up on Faraday constant..
How many amps are you drawing, and what temperature does your cell typically get up to??

Yeah, seriously - you've also got to get in there with an accurate wattmeter that understands waveforms, not just a couple of multimeters reading "Amps" and "Volts". Even then, it's easy to get fooled by readings on a scope, my digital oscilloscope will show quirks and artifacs, and sometimes I have to thunk the analog scope on the side to get Ch1 to drop down a half-volt to the graticle line.

Last edited:
You disconnected the MAP sensor so now the car pollutes like crazy and will not pass the emissions test. They look first and will refuse to test a modified car.

audio ... it is suggested that you install a reostat between the MAP and the car computer in order to lean out the gas, which will then be replaced by the hydrogen this does not work on Japanese cars as the sensor detects gas imput and corrects it immediatly.
when using a booster you can take off and throw away your catylectic converter you dont need it all you exhaust is water vapour.
Duffy... whatever extra strain is put on the alternator is minimal at worst. I use a scan gauge II and there is no change in voltage regulation draw when using the hydrogen booster. By the way if you guys think gas will stay down your in for a shock...a big one.
Nota...I should have said volume or surface area of anodes...whats inside my 4 inch PVC pipe is a thing of rear beauty and so well designed every attempt I have made to better it has failed.
I want to thank you guys for the interest, by the way the $1,000,000 contest has been suspended.

Fritzzer, a ScanGauge II just isn't even close. It doesn't even read amps, to begin with.

It's a consumer electronics mileage computer gizmo that gets it's readings from the engine sensors - at least one of which you said you disabled. Can't you see the bizarre logic in your reasoning here?

Believe this my mileage is fantastic.
Even if gas prices stay low money to buy it will become a burdon anyway for the vast majority during the comming depretion . I win see ya

If you were told that its impossible to add 2+2 to get 5 how long would you try before agreeing? We understand the intrinsics of the thermodynamics, and that outlines exactly why this is a dead end..
You'll have the same amount of luck searching for the Philosopher's Stone..
Now if you can find a way of applying energy to hydrolysis that can't otherwise be harvested and put to use, then your HHO suddenly becomes feasible for energy production.. Until you find that though, you'll get more work from a battery using the electrity directly than you will by using it to create a secondary source..

I wonder why nobody has ever proved that making hydrogen in a car and adding it to the input of a gasoline engine improves anything?

I personally have plenty of faith in ingenuity, and all those amazing inventions followed the laws of thermodynamics, physics etc... Your HHO car will also follow these well established rules and is therefore far less efficient than you believe. It's simple math as the HHO conversion process is simply not very efficent.

Either you didn't read or understand why it's not efficent; as posted on this site. Which explains it very well.
Scientific proof debunking the "run your car on water" scams

Or Hydrogen enrichment
Scientific proof proving that HHO scams are a fraud

If you want to post your bogus MPG measurements why not do it on Overunity.com with the rest of the psuedo science - Hocus Pocus crowd?

Last edited:
And cells like in that debunking link are more than a little bit dangerous.. When you're dealing with enough HHO to do anything large-scale, containment/safety become serious issues.. Like the difference between caps and bullets, or fire-crackers and dynamite..

No doubt Hydrogen gas is dangerous. Personally I think a Hydrogen dirigible is more exciting than HHO car.
**broken link removed**
It was supposed to be a Hydrogen Blimp but Google...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back