Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Make Error: Can't open file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayrin

Hello!
I'm new to this board and to PIC-programming, and I hope you can help me :).

I haven't read through the forum, so this question might already have been answered, but googling the error phrase gave nothing...

Essentially, I'm getting a new, exciting error message from the MPLAB IDE (v 8.1).
After a successful compile, I get the following from the build output:

MPLINK 4.20, Linker
Copyright (c) 2008 Microchip Technology Inc.
Errors : 0

MP2HEX 4.20, COFF to HEX File Converter
Copyright (c) 2008 Microchip Technology Inc.
Errors : 0

Loaded C:\Documents and Settings\camilla\shared_w_ubuntu\Kod\bug_fix\ec2_flex\1263A.cof.
Make Error: Can't open file "C:\Documents and Settings\camilla\shared_w_ubuntu\Kod\bug_fix\ec2_flex\xmodem.c". (32)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Release build of project `C:\Documents and Settings\camilla\shared_w_ubuntu\Kod\bug_fix\ec2_flex\1263A.mcp' succeeded.
Mon Oct 06 12:14:42 2008
BUILD SUCCEEDED
Make Error: Can't open file "C:\Documents and Settings\camilla\shared_w_ubuntu\Kod\bug_fix\ec2_flex\xmodem.c". (32)

The file exists, and it has the same permissions as all other files. Any ideas where to look for a solution?

Thanks in advance!

It might have nothing to do with the problem but MPLAB doesn't like paths that are too long. Try moving your file nearer to root.

Mike.

The folder is a CVS workspace... if I'm not mistaken, it isn't really trivial to move one of those?

Anyhow, more info... The build fails with the following complaints if I use "Make" (F10):

A language-plugin exception occurred and was logged.
Release build of project `C:\Documents and Settings\camilla\shared_w_ubuntu\Kod\bug_fix\ec2_flex\1263A.mcp' failed.
Mon Oct 06 16:42:56 2008
BUILD FAILED

But if I use "Build all" (ctrl+F10), it builds as above.

A search of Microchips site found **broken link removed**. An old thread but maybe you should resurrect it.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back