Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Major gains in fuel economy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All they are doing there is fooling the ECU into thinking that the exhaust has the right O2 levels so it runs leaner. By running leaner, without any HHO, you will increase your gas mileage while also increasing emissions.
The NOX emissions go up because the temperature goes up. It burns the pistons and valves.

Well personally I'm taking a back seat in this thread as I reckon it's a load of crap. Instead of bytching about better fuel gains go lobby the battery manufacturors to get their act together so electric/hybrid cars can get a foothold in the dumbed mass's of the world.

Well all I can say by my family living out in the country for the last 5 years and drinking untainted water and not living under a huge cloud of smog, we can finally think clearly. Sheesh I worked out the figures with my company car and being off the grid the money I saved in the last 5 years simply means within 12 months my mortage will be payed off. Then I won't have to drive into the smog everyday unless I'm going back to uni.

Cheers Bryan

Yes that's right, running a lean engine will not be good in the long run, and if your foot becomes a bit heavy from time to time, also not in the short run.
Go have a look at top fuel dragsters racing on tv one day, and listen carefully what is being said. Those are the most seriously tricked out engines on the planet. You'll learn a lot about combustion mixture as these things are on the edge.

Valid points made kchrite and audioguru.

But seems to me bryan is the best off.
Maybe I must choose myself a secluded mountain top somewhere, trek the family up it, and settle there.
Away from everyone trying to rip my little bit of value out my guts.:)
Also away from these pigs driving their suv's around our area.

Be careful what you wish for...you may get it...

But seems to me bryan is the best off.
Maybe I must choose myself a secluded mountain top somewhere, trek the family up it, and settle there.
Away from everyone trying to rip my little bit of value out my guts.:)
Also away from these pigs driving their suv's around our area.

Uhmmmmm...aren't you sort of describing RSA back before the Anglos and Boers arrived? Are you SURE that's the life you'd wish for?

In a way it kind of pains me a bit that when the next advancement or breakthrough in fuels comes along, I know I'm going to see the same names on the posts here touting that they knew it all along.

Ah, the mysteries of human nature, eh?
The same for me when the next breakthrough isn’t HHO, PICC or some other crock you’ve posted and you claim to have known it all along.…

Uhmmmmm...aren't you sort of describing RSA back before the Anglos and Boers arrived? Are you SURE that's the life you'd wish for?

I doubt that I would really go that far, but sometimes in this country it feels I would like to do that.
For starters, I've been sending CV's now for quite some time like crazy, and any positive hits..... zip.
I might well be forced to go live somewhere in the bushes where the bank, revenue services, etc. cannot find me.:eek:

CV seems kind of old fashioned...

I've been sending CV's now for quite some time like crazy, and any positive hits..... zip.

Maybe the people you're sending to don't know what CV's are. Have yoiu tried titling them "resumes"?

I don't know what yiour background is but, I've been toying with the idea of producing a line of open-frame computer racks for home and office use. Similar to the heavy-duty industrial stuff but less expensive, more "furniture-like" (ie: includes wood and would look good in a home computer area or small office) and a combination of EIA 19" rack mount and shelf formats.

Off topic I know.

Funny, we accept the term CV over here, and if a personnel agency handles your stuff it becomes portfolio.
Who the heck cares, it doesn't help in any case.
I think I'm out of the computer industry, since I've been out of it for the last five years.
I think I'll have to change my strategy, again.

Off-topic again.

Talking about fuel economy, today we received our latest fuel adjustment. Well, gently club me with an axe and call me miss daisy, petrol will go down by between something like 65c and 78c and diesel by something like R1.40 to R1.60. (per litre)
Who would have thought.
Don't remember the exact figures, so don't crucify me yet, but that'll give my cars major gain in economy.... suddenly.
Mmmmmm..... the government most probably still increased the fuel tax though.....

Driving Miss Daisy...crazy...

Well, gently club me with an axe and call me miss daisy.....

It seems like a strange request but...okay, Miss Daisy...

Making computer furniture is hardly being in the "computer business"....

I'm just saying that I think there are things people can come up with to try to make a buck (I've been told that you RSA folks do actually use the term, "buck" but, I'm not sure if the "buck" refers to 1 Rand or not).

We've also had a decrease in gas pump prices recently (small decrease compared to the increase, of course) and climbing again as tropical storm, Gustav is now bearing down on the souther US gulf coast.

Talking about fuel economy, today we received our latest fuel adjustment. Well, gently club me with an axe and call me miss daisy, petrol will go down by between something like 65c and 78c and diesel by something like R1.40 to R1.60. (per litre)
Who would have thought.

Mmmmmm..... the government most probably still increased the fuel tax though.....

What occurs here is that the price of petrol is rising the time the oil went up it stabilize at the highest oil price(more than $150 a barrel) at $1.42 a liter for petrol

now the barrel prize is $117, the petrol price is $1.36 a liter and rising because the oil price is rising again

increasing taxes??? (officialy no anouncement of it)

Just robbing people in my oppinion

Robert-Jan

Big Oil is Our Friend...

Isn't it amazing how quickly and abruptly oil prices (and gasolije prices) will shoot up on the slightest glitch...and how slowly and reluctantly they go down when things ease up?

But, it's okay because the one thing we know for sure is that the oil companies (despite making record profits) are doing no price gouging at our expense.

It seems like a strange request but...okay, Miss Daisy...

Making computer furniture is hardly being in the "computer business"....

I'm just saying that I think there are things people can come up with to try to make a buck (I've been told that you RSA folks do actually use the term, "buck" but, I'm not sure if the "buck" refers to 1 Rand or not).

We've also had a decrease in gas pump prices recently (small decrease compared to the increase, of course) and climbing again as tropical storm, Gustav is now bearing down on the souther US gulf coast.

AS I've said, I'm lloking into something else already.
We do talk about bucks, long time ago the R1 had a springbuck on it, so it's fitting.

What occurs here is that the price of petrol is rising the time the oil went up it stabilize at the highest oil price(more than $150 a barrel) at $1.42 a liter for petrol

now the barrel prize is $117, the petrol price is $1.36 a liter and rising because the oil price is rising again

Robert-Jan

We don't have any official announcement of fuel tax here either, but I know it happens, you only get that that kind of information with great difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back