Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetic Pulser Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kostisf

Hi all,

I have found a magnetic pulser circuit on the internet, attached png, and I would like to build it hoping that this will help cure my wife's breast cancer and me from my 10 years now Multiple sclerosis disease.
The input voltage is 110VAC, capacitors are flash capacitors rated at 330V. With my little knowledge in electronics I can guess that, there must be a voltage doubler or tripler in this circuit. The problem is that in my country we use 230VAC as input, so I have two options.
Buy a 230 to 110VAC transformer (very expensive solution, I don't know also how many amps or watts) or remove the voltage doubler-tripler, working direct from 230VAC.
Can you high skill experts tell me what components do I have to remove in order this circuit to work in 230VAC without voltage doubler-tripler please?

Thanx in advance for your help

D1 to D4 and C1 to C4 form a voltage doubler. You need to convert this to a bridge rectifier with smoothing capacitor. Easiest thing to do is get a ready made bridge rectifier, connect your AC supply to the leads marked ~ and the capacitor across the leads marked + and -. For operation off 230VAC your photoflash capacitors probably won't have a high enough voltage rating - they really need to be 350 or even 380 volt types (I notice you don't have a capacitance marked on this circuit). The voltage you get out of the rectifier will be higher than what you'd get from the original circuit, though it will probably work ok.

What I should really be telling you is, for safety's sake, PLEASE use an isolating transformer with this (in which case, stick with the original design and get one to give you the 110 volts). Live circuits are dangerous, and live DC is even more dangerous - this is not something you should be putting anywhere near anybody's body. This circuit has the potential to kill someone if you don't treat it with the proper respect.

I'd be interested to know how the magnetic pulses are supposed to help with your wife's cancer and your MS - really I wish you the best of luck, they are both horrible diseases.

It is Just Magnetic Radiation from the Coil?
What Info do you have on winding that Coil?

And I Really Doubt it will do Anything for your wife!
It is just a Low Frequency Pulser.

Last edited:
Hello there,

With 330vdc capacitors the wiring for the diodes seems ok, except maybe for the fact that there are two in series which doesnt seem necessary.
With a 120vac input line, each cap will see 170vdc across it with no load. That's not a problem. The total voltage across BOTH caps would be twice that, but that's not a problem either.
With a 220vac input line however, then each cap would see 311vdc which is getting close.

But the real problem is there doesnt seem to be any mechanism to turn off the SCR. Although the gate voltage will fall when the neon turns off after draining the small cap energy, that's not enough to turn off an SCR which stays turned on until the anode current falls to a low level close to zero amps.
The only way this can happen is if the 330vdc caps are sized small enough to allow the dc voltage across them to fall to some very low level, as the line goes through zero. It's doubtful that this would work very well however so something has to be changed to allow the SCR to turn off.

Where did this circuit come from?

Last edited:
This Circuit will give the Same Power to the Coil as the Origional Circuit, but using 220 or 230 VAC input.

Kostisf, You Don't say Where you Live, But I would Strongly recommend you get Medical Advice from a Qualified Doctor, Not all this CRAP on the Internet.

By the way, I am a Lung Cancer Survivor (3 Years Now)
I Had 2/3 of my Right Lung Removed!

Take care.....Gary

Last edited:
Hello,

Yes but there appears to be no definite mechanism in the circuit that forces the SCR to turn off. It must turn off in order to pulse the coil.
Once the SCR turns on it could very well stay turned on unless the capacitors are specified very carefully, and i dont see that either.

what is the idea behind the circuit? is it the accumulation of iron in the neck/brain? this seem to be the case in MS according to some articles. if so this could help to move it elsewhere but cancer...?

Hello,

Yes but there appears to be no definite mechanism in the circuit that forces the SCR to turn off. It must turn off in order to pulse the coil.
Once the SCR turns on it could very well stay turned on unless the capacitors are specified very carefully, and i dont see that either.

This is Basically a Strobe Tube Circuit.
The Coils Low Resistance should pull the Voltage Down REALLY LOW, causing the SCR to Drop Out.
It Should Pull it Down LOWER than even a Strobe Tube.

Even if it Fails, All that will happen is the Light Bulb will go Full On.

Unlike the Resistor that I Do Not Recommend, The Light Bulb is SAFE at Full Power.

Hello,

Yes the coil will load the capacitors and i realize that, but that doesnt make the current go to zero. The only way the current can go to zero is if the caps discharge fast near the zero crossing of the input line, but it would have to be fast and there is no mechanism that will make sure this happens without using very small cap values which also might not make sense. We want enough cap energy to provide a nice pulse, but we also want the current to drop to zero...and these are two opposing design goals.
That's why i brought this up, because it looks like something else has to be done to get it to work, or at least work right.

"Even if it fails..."
Yes but we dont want it to fail, we want it to work, that's the whole point.

We could do a simple simulation i guess if you like.

Last edited:
I Tried it for Real.
It Worked on one of my Strobes that is somewhat simular to this circuit.

Hello again,

Ok then perhaps you can post that circuit here too.

what is the idea behind the circuit? is it the accumulation of iron in the neck/brain? this seem to be the case in MS according to some articles. if so this could help to move it elsewhere but cancer...?

Heaven only know the reason.
There are MANY of these circuit on the Internet, Claiming to solve ALL medical problems.

One guy in my town here uses a 555 with a 9 volt battery supply as an Oscillator, Connected to Two pieces of 1/2 Inch copper pipe. (Simplest Possible TENS Circuit)
He hold one pipe in each hand and he CLAIMS it kills all the Bad stuff in his Body.

What a Bunch of CRAP!

Last edited:
Hi,

He he. There's also the placebo effect.

So if you post your other circuit we can take a look.

Never underestimate the power of belief!

I once built a strobe circuit using an scr this way too, it switched the trigger coil, I think a 555 timer circuit drove it - sorry long ago and far away and I don't have a schematic. It was crap strobe, but had no problems with the scr locking up. I think the back emf from the coil ensures it's off.

Hello again,

Ok then perhaps you can post that circuit here too.

It is on my website and it is powered by 12 Volts for mobile use.
But supply voltage to the strobe tube is around 300 volts,

Hello again,

Yeah, that's a different circuit.

The one we are talking about has major current flow through the SCR which makes it harder to turn off. This could be a problem.
But im not about to build one up just to prove that it works or not, but what i may do is set up a simulation just to see what happens.

When a coil is energized by a DC source the current may or may not go through zero, in that it may or may not oscillate. If it tries to oscillate the current could go through zero, but if it doesnt try to oscillate the current will NEVER go through zero. There are three possible responses, oscillatory, over damped, and critically damped. The over damped case means it doesnt go through zero. The damping comes from resistances in the circuit and the oscillatory part comes from any capacitance acting with the inductance.

He hold one pipe in each hand and he CLAIMS it kills all the Bad stuff in his Body.

What a Bunch of CRAP!

yes but don't tell him. as long as he does not know it is a placebo, he is still doing/feeling better with it than without it. :D

Last edited:
yes but don't tell him. as long as he does not know it is a placebo, he is still doing/feeling better with it than without it. :D

Hi,

Yeah but the other guy might be wrong maybe it really does work after all :)

Hi,

Yeah but the other guy might be wrong maybe it really does work after all :)

Skin Resistance Prevents it from working!
Unless your using it with Accupuncture Needles, through the Skin.

Proper TEN'S Circuits onto External Skin require Greater than 50 Volts to penitrate through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back