Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

magnet theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
walters said:
...im just trying to learn

It doesn't look like it. Not only that, but the questions you want answered seem to have NO PURPOSE in your life, or you would elaborate on a single one. Also, it would be much better to take music-based questions in a music-based forum, not an electronics forum.

I'll thank those who have put up the link in big letters. Also, it is in big letters because we want Walters to learn the very basics elsewhere because the questions are then answered in two seconds as opposed to a day:

http://answers.google.com/answers/

Personally, I don't care about how an inductor is wound, because it doesn't affect the circuit's operation! I could have an inductor wire bent in a shape of a house for crying out loud, and it wouldn't even make a difference.

Walters, Let's make it clear here: We help people make electronic circuits work, and we want to help people understand electronics. We don't have time to help out on improving cosmetic appearances such as windings, and answering an index of questions.

I think it's about time we had a poll on kicking Walters out of this forum.
It's a possibility.

I reckon the poll would be answered in the hundreds of yea's to boot the halfwit out of our respectfull and resourcefull forum which is rapidly going down the drain thanks to walters and his child like questions.

I don't know if the number of visitors are decreasing because of him, and I don't think his questions are child-like, but what is child-like is the way he handles our answers to his questions.

What I do know for certain is that he is the only one to have a thread more than 3 pages long!

my god, Walters must have made a storybook by now on questions :shock:

But the windings do makes a difference in filter effects and LCR i'll prove it in guitar pickups i'll be back with more questions from google trust me

walters said:
But the windings do makes a difference in filter effects and LCR i'll prove it in guitar pickups i'll be back with more questions from google trust me

Did he say "trust me"? :shock:

WALTERS! :x

(someone please sign below the message in caps, because everyone is going to agree with me here)

YOU MUST NOT GO TO GOOGLE TO FIND 1000's OF QUESTIONS TO PLACE ON THIS SITE, BECAUSE THAT IS NOT THE OBJECTIVE HERE. YOUR OBJECTIVE IS TO FIND ONE PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE SOLVED, NOT CREATE 50,000 NEW PROBLEMS AT ONE TIME. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH OUR ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS, DO NOT DENY THEM WITHOUT SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.

Bryan, now that I see that this guy is continuing with his B*** S***, I will begin to be in favour of kicking him out.

Is there a text flash feature on this forum, because we need to flash our answers for him.

WALTERS, DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU?

walters said:
why u trying to get me kicked out of the forum what did i do ?

It isn't just me.

Bryan1, Styx, and I think Glyph is too and I wouldn't be surprised if Nigel Goodwin thinks about getting rid of you as well.

Walters, Did you read my last post?

Do you understand that you are overdebating us in the wrong way (in other words, arguing), and that you are wanting us to answer 50,000 questions, 1/2 of them being weird questions, or questions which don't help anyone when answered?

Look at the rest of us, We just ask one or two questions and expand on them. You just ramble off 50,000 of them.

We think that these actions of yours are B*** S*** to this community.

BUT, I will complement you on your last question, because it is one question, and the answer will help you!

walters said:
why u trying to get me kicked out of the forum what did i do ?

Eh Walters it looks like you can read English so go back and read some of the replies to your stupid questions, there you will find the answers as to why we want you out of this forum. I may be out of line here but with so many other members complaining about your posts someone had to get the ball rolling.

don't kick me out because i want to learn about magnets and motors that sucks
We aren't trying to kick you out for that reason.
We just don't want someone to argue our answers, or repeat questions.
Did you have a look at all 10 pages yet? Maybe it is 11 now.

bryan1 said:
Eh Walters it looks like you can read English so go back and read some of the replies to your stupid questions, there you will find the answers as to why we want you out of this forum.
Like him and I said, check our previous posts.

I may be out of line here but with so many other members complaining about your posts someone had to get the ball rolling.
Bryan1, you are actually on the right track.
and I have started the ball rolling. In fact, I put up a poll about him, because I would like to know how many users are fed up with him.

So far, about 3 or 4 are.

Let me add this attachment (see below)

The words circled in red most definitely do not describe Walters.

Also, Walters, you might want to look at the sentences highlighted in yellow. In fact, look at all of it. it is just a snapshot of one of Styx's replies.

Sorry about the colour depth, but I intend to make loading fast, especially with my slow connection.

Attachments

• w.gif
    w.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 687
walters said:
This is not cool and unfair because all i wanted to do was talk about magnets and motors this is all new to me

Walters, you are missing the point.

If you want to talk about magnets and motors, that is fine, BUT we don't want to see you arguing with professional answers, and we don't want to see you asking 50,000 questions, especially when 1/2 of them become useless.

For example, when you ask about windings, and we give our answers, and many answers given to you are the same, we don't want to see you make a FOOL out of your self and try to implement some new, ridiculous theory in electronics that states that the appearance of a piece of wire affects the entire circuit operation.

Let's face it. Apearance and beautification, and all that go to some website that supports cosmetics.

Guitar amps, and things like that go to a music forum.

the main thing is: DONT MAKE US THINK YOU ARE ALWAYS CORRECT, or in short, DON'T ARGUE!

Walters, Why not browse through this entire forum, and see how other people answer other people's questions.

asking 50,000 questions, especially when 1/2 of them become useless.
your over-reacting about this and my questions

I don't know why everyone is getting all mad over nothing i just wanted to talk about magnets and motors

walters said:
...asking 50,000 questions, especially when 1/2 of them become useless.
your over-reacting about this and my questions
Fine, 50,000 is a ridiculous number, but I'm trying to make a point.

I don't know why everyone is getting all mad over nothing...
Are you declaring your index of questions, and all of your bad debates over our answers as NOTHING?

i just wanted to talk about magnets and motors
along with 50+ given answers that you have debated on in a non-respectful manner.

Have you read this entire thread yet?

i'm not debating im trying to learn about winding techniques and magnets more thats all so leave me alone and stop attacking me because i don't have the answers to my 500,000 questions

There you go again making unsupported arguments.

if alot of people are angry with you. Then it means one of two things:

1) There is something wrong with EVERYBODY.

2) There is something wrong with YOU.

I wonder which it is.

If its #1, you should not stay in such an abusive forum. If its #2 you should consider leaving everyone in peace, or better: changing whatever is causing these problems with everyone.

walters said:
This is not cool and unfair because all i wanted to do was talk about magnets and motors this is all new to me

*Takes a very deep breath*

Walters please listen to what I am abt to write. I will be to do with your questions Plus your posts.

You want to learn about megnets and motors? Electromagnetism is an extreamly big and complex field. Asking to learn from scratch from a forum is really unexceptable.
Why? because of the complexaty. This forum is full of hobby electronics ppl who will have an understanding of magnetism, but it is built from experience and study. Ppl here will know abt magnetism BUT a forum is the worst place to try to learn, you need to read books and goto Uni that way you have contact with the infomation. You cannot learn everything from a forum

IF you want to learn about electromagnetism (from which magnets and motors will make sense) then look into Maxwells Equations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell's_equations
**broken link removed**

From another thread you did not want to learn mathematics, and from these 4 equation you must accept to understand MAgnetism you are going to have to understand basic Calculus.

What is it about magnets that you want to know? All that is useful for day to day use is that they are a source of magnetic flux. You either use an electro-mag (coil of wire + electricity), that is really all you need to know.

ALso you seem to be fasinated about physically how you would wind an inductor!! IS it really that important?

I made a statement
styx said:
When was teh last time you saw an OPAMP cct who's gain was dependant on winding technique?
That you dismissed with "I am not talking about OPAMPS"

I dont really care if you are or not I gave a valid example and you just do NOT listen.

YES different winding techniques can change the characteristics of that inductor, that is why we have datasheets that tell use the ONLY useful infomation
Stray capacitiance, resistiance, Inductance.
They are really the ONLY info that is required. An OPAMP will respond to voltage, if you put a Inductor in the feedback it will be those 3 quantity's that will govern the behaviour of the circuit, not how it was made.

YES how it was made will govern those quantities, but knowing how it was made isn't going to tell you those values. To know those value you need to look at the data sheet

Now your attitude stinks and you cannot deny it!!!
When you start a post it is for general infomation with about 10different question in one post!!

This forum is suppose to be an aid to solve ppls desing problem or a general query.
say
I have this Inverting opamp cct and the output isnt doing what I think is should

Good question, someone has done some work and they are stuck.

You would do something like
What is an opamp
What is an inverting opamp
How can I set the gain
how is an OPAMP made

Where is a technical query in a post like that? it doesn't exist and thus is wholly unnapropriate for this forum

Equally when a logical reply is given to you you just dismiss it and ask the question again. Why dont you trust the reply? There are enough ppl here so that if a reply was made that was wrong it would get corrected. I have posted reply's before and someone ha corrected my statement thus ensuring the reply is appropriate.

You just seem to dismiss it. 99% of what you ask can be answered by searching google, yet you search google and it give's you an answer that you dont understand so you then post back here!!!! you dont even try to search for that new thing.

You are trying to learn off the internet a very complex field (ie electronics) which is not going to happen, you have come across this resouce and you are abusing it.

A common reply to pretty much all your replies are:

Google
Book
Goto college

from the level of understanding that you have demopnstrated they are you only hopes (college being the biggest one).
Please do those things and when you have a realy problem by all means post back here with your design problem and we will try to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back