Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

magnet theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry guys im just really new to all these magnet stuff and winding coils so i don't know much about it i just need some help and insight then when i read stuff on google it can make more sense but really this is all new to me so i hope u can understand

Walter's what is with all the interest (and bugging us) in how components are wound?

This is for electronics problems, not manufacturing problems.
As I said I work with wound components daily.

Do I care how they are wound? NO
Do I know different winding techniques? NO
Would it make any difference to my understanding? NO

As long as a wound component had an inductance of X-Henry and could support flux up to Y-Weber I dont give a damb abt how they did it, it is a waste of my time that could be spent solving a problem

wound component had an inductance of X-Henry and could support flux up to Y-Weber

But the winding techiques changes the inductance,capacitance,resistance so it changes the X-henry and Y-weber

walters said:
wound component had an inductance of X-Henry and could support flux up to Y-Weber

But the winding techiques changes the inductance,capacitance,resistance so it changes the X-henry and Y-weber

SO BLODDY WHAT!!!!

IF I want an inductor of 100uH, and I can cope with stray capacitance of 10nF and as long as the resistance is less then 100mR do I bloody care how they made it? they could have used illegal immagrance to wind it and they use their hair as insulation, as long as I have an inductor of 100uH that is all I am worried about!!!!

What is your fasination with how to make wound components. If you are really concerned take a job in a factory where they wind them

I thought different windings changes the magnetic field,flux,inducatance,capacitance,resonance frequencys, Q points
of wound components

walters said:
I thought different windings changes the magnetic field,flux,inducatance,capacitance,resonance frequencys, Q points
of wound components

So bloody what!!!!

When you buy a Inductor you look at its datasheet to find out what its characterists are. If you can live with them you use that inductor, if you cant you look for another on

its as simple as that

"Honeycomb" winding. The turns are wound at an angle with respect to the axis of the coil. Each layer has an angle that is the negative of the angle of the previous winding. The result is that the turns of adjacent windings cross each other at an angle, and thus the inter-winding capcacitance is reduced.

Honeycomb coils?

Inductor you look at its datasheet to find out what its characterists

For audio transformers datasheet they don't tell the secrets of the windings like honeycomb coils or crosshair coil windings and scatter windings and random windings these are secrets

walters said:
Inductor you look at its datasheet to find out what its characterists

For audio transformers datasheet they don't tell the secrets of the windings like honeycomb coils or crosshair coil windings and scatter windings and random windings these are secrets

SO BLOODY WHAT!!!!

They tell you the cpacitiance, the inductance, the Q, the resistance and that is all that is needed,

When was teh last time you saw an OPAMP cct who's gain was dependant on winding technique?

No im just talking about pickups,coils,magnets,audio transformers
not transistors or op-amps im so sure

layerwound (neat layers s
Scramble wound (random not very space efficient.

bifilar and litz wires wound in either layer or scramble style

external forces (RFI, AC hum, etc.

Scramble winding?
Layerwound?

Scramble winding uses a frying pan and eggs heated to 60 degrees celsius (the coagulation temperature of egg protein). Inductors wound in this way are called scramble windings.

Layer winding is the use of multiple pieces of cake stacked up on top of each other withing icing to produce a system of layers. Hence the name Layer winding.

I think it's about time we had a poll on kicking Walters out of this forum. I reckon the poll would be answered in the hundreds of yea's to boot the halfwit out of our respectfull and resourcefull forum which is rapidly going down the drain thanks to walters and his child like questions. :!: :!: :!:

Motion passed

There is a difference between trying to learn, and expecting everyone to teach you what you are unwilling to google yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back