Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

magnet theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Eddy Current?

How does a Magnet produce Eddy current?

How does a Coil produce Eddy current ?

I'm confussed about this eddy current and what does eddy current do ?

Whats the different between Eddy currrent VS current?

Click on this link

https://www.google.com

then type in your questions one by one. and search the results for your answers.

Everytime you have a new question, either create a new window and type in that other question or save your question until you finish reading your current answer and then go back to the search page and type in the question.

97% of the answers you seek may be found this way.

A single book alone will not suffice to answer all questions about electronics.

yes it has eddy current" but the other questions

like how to set the "phase" of a magnet? and why is it 180 degrees only i want to get like 20 degrees, or 60 degrees or 135 degrees how do i get that with a magnet?

I don't think your problem is getting the answers, i think its asking the right questions.

For example you ask "what sets a magnet's phase?" this is not a proper question without the right context.

A magnet is a piece of material with a magnetic field. While phase can have many meanings from the physical state of matter (say liquid, solid or gas) to the displacement of a waveform in time.

you need to ask the question and include the right context. it would make much more sense to ask "what is the phase of the magnetic field in relation to a brushless DC motor?" then we would get somewhere, and you can then go into google and find out.

Lack of a proper question will almost always lead you to an improper answer. Like if i asked "Why is paper black?" you might answer "paper is not black, or if it is, it is because ink was spilled on it." This is not the proper answer because the context of the question is: "Why is burnt paper black?" now you can give a much more direct answer.

Google cannot answer questions that are not properly asked. It is a computer program, not a person.

But mostly a magnet is either zero degrees or 180 degrees only
how do i get between 0-180 degrees with a magnet?

a heater can get you above room temperature. while a refrigerator can get you below room temperature.

A simple coil of toaster wire can give you hundreds of degrees.

Since you're aiming for 60 or 135 degrees, i would say use a heater.

I mean phase degrees not temp degrees

When i wrap a coil of wire around the magnet from S to N its in phase zero degrees when i wrap the coil of wire the other way N to S its out of phase 180 degrees

How do i get in between phase degrees?
like 20,40,60,80,100,120,140, phase degree?

I can only get 0 or 180 phase degrees

First ask yourself: Phase degrees of WHAT?

The internet does have this answer and its not hard to find, i would like you to look for it.

Phase degrees of a magnet

with a magnet there is only 2 zero and 180 degrees
im trying to get inbetween zero and 180 how do i get that?

What is phase?

I think phase is a state of matter, like a liquid phase, or a solid phase. In biology phase is about the current cycle of a cycle, telephase, interphase and whatnot...

What is phase in relation to electronics?

current and voltage phases with a magnet and a coil i can only get zero and 180 degrees how do i get 20,40,60,80,100,120,140, phase degree?

current and voltage phase degrees

I have a guitar pickup and a guitar pickup is a coil and a magnet with 2 wires the hot and ground . One way its inphase zero degrees flip the wires around the guitar pickup is out of phase 180 degrees. The guitar outputs current and voltage 100mv or so with load. How can i get the guitar pickup to go 20,40,60,80,100,120,140, phase degree?

The hot and ground wire from the pickup only have 2 options zero degrees and 180 degrees its because of the magnet can get inbetween
20,40,60,80,100,120,140, phase degree?

instead of breaking your guitar to change the pickup coil properties, wouldnt it be easier just to add something after the pickup output to change its phase?

Why change the phase of the pickup? You can't hear actual phase. Phase shift is measured from a reference but a guitar pickup doesn't have a reference phase.

Magnet frequency response

Walters, I think it's time for you to get a basic book on electromagnetic theory and practice and a book on basic transducer theory and spend some time with them. You're not asking for a little clarification of some fine points of electromagnetic theory or transducer design, you are asking for respondants to conduct a class on electromagnetic theory. That's fine as long as everybody is happy to keep involved, but it doesn't look like you are bringing a foundation in electromagnetic theory to the discussion that allows you to understand the responses. This thread looks like someone trying to explain color to a blind man.

I'm tempted at this point to get into an explanation of why you cannot get any arbitrary phase out of the variable reluctance transducer formed by the magnet, coil, and guitar string (although you can do phase-shifting in circuitry external to the transducer), but I'm going to resist and urge you to hit the books.

Please don't take offense at this comment. It is intended to guide you, not insult you.

Have fun.

awright

Walters didn't even answer my question.

Walters, WHY are you asking these questions?

Its ok to help, but not when you throw 1,000 random questions, because no one can answer 1,000 random questions in detail, and it would be useless taking them in, when you only need one major question answered. right?

and isn't your question supposed to be something like:

I want to experiment with magnets but I know nothing about them. Where do I start?

:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back