Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magned deffinicion

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys haven't exactly answered my question

A magnet is something that has a magnetic field. You might think it's using a word in it's own definition (well it kind of is, but not as blatant because we are dealing with physics instead of pure language and things in physics overrules language). It's different because this definition is not asking what something MEANS, it's asking what something IS.

What you have to end up realizing is the word magnetic field is actually a label for a large chunk of text of some intense physics, so the label itself doesn't tell us anything.

A better definition would replace what this label with the description it actually represents and get into what a magnetic field actually is, but then it's anything but simple. THat definition would go like this:

"A magnet is a single piece of homogenous substance or compound that produces a [insert full length explanation of a quantum physics and how magnetic field are produced here] with or without the presence of an electrical current running through it."

It reminds me when I asked what electric flux actually is...still haven't gotten an answer...the prof has never gotten an answer either.

Last edited:
Does that mean that there is no straight answer for the definition of a magnet?(besides the one you gave me earlier on)

If you are really interested in this then I assume that you have spent some time looking in other places, possibly even reading a textbook. Some things can't be explained in "..................".

I'll give you two areas you could investigate. I see no inconsistency in defining the magnetic field as something that produces the velocity dependent part of the Lorentz force on moving charged particles. This then enables you to define a magnet as something that produces a magnetic field. You can even work out the attraction / repulsion between electromagnets using this approach.

Alternatively, if you dig deeper, you will discover that the magnetic field is actually not a new field but a distortion of the electric field. If you take a metallic conductor, this consists of a large number of fixed positive charges and a large number of free electrons. As there is no net charge the enormous electric field of the positive charges exactly balances the enormous electric field of the negative charges and so there is no external electric field. When a current flows the negative charges move and the positive ones stay still. Relativity requires that the fields from the moving charges are distorted in a special way and as a result the electric fields no longer exactly cancel, and the resultant (small) field appears as the magnetic field. Moving charges 'see' this distortion in different ways (according to relativity) so the force they see depends on their velocity.

So another definition of the magnetic field is that it is simply the electric field in the rest frame of the moving charges that cause it. there, that doesn't fit into "............." either.

Last edited:
How do we measure the magnetic field, is there a piece of equipment that can measure or see the movement of flux around the poles,when influenced by movement or a copper coil.

A multimeter will pick up the induced voltage from a magnet being passed through a coil of wire.

Is it possible to create a magnet (electromagnetism) that can attract a piece of metal from 38m away using only one pole (heating the sides to remove magnetism) ?

I'm sorry, did you say 38 meters? Not a freegin chance. You'd have difficulty affecting something as small as a compass needle at that distance.

But I thought using the principle of mmf=in, i, being current and n, number of turns. Increasing the current for example, 1000volts and the turns being 500 turns (although it might take months to complete), 1000 X 500 = 500,000. Shouldn't this work? And please give me a straight answer anything other than a yes or a no with explanation may no be helpful. No "I be cat" answer

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Konstantin Meyl believes a magnet collects cosmic energy and turns it into magnetism.
If this is true then a magnet motor wouldn't violate any laws of physics by running by itself.
It would be the same as running a motor off a solar cell, only cosmic energy is always available.

**broken link removed**

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Konstantin Meyl believes a magnet collects cosmic energy and turns it into magnetism.
If this is true then a magnet motor wouldn't violate any laws of physics by running by itself.
It would be the same as running a motor off a solar cell, only cosmic energy is always available.

**broken link removed**

That's nice. Wonder what kind of "Dr" he is.

I wonder how much he paid to have somebody make him a dr degree.

Prof. Dr. Meyl has lectured at various Universities on Scalar waves.
He sets up demonstrations of transmitting electricity through scalar waves.
He has even done lectures in the USA on the subject.
If you google his name you can even find videos of his lectures.
I don't think Universities in the USA allow just anyone to lecture at them, especially from another country.
So I'm sure his doctorate was properly acquired.

His theory on magnetism does explain a lot of things.
Picture the crystalline structure of a magnet made of millions of tiny radio antennas at the wavelength of cosmic radiation.
An antenna that's the right wavelength for cosmic radiation would be only a few molecules long.
You only need a means of aligning the antennas so they face the same way so the current collected travels in one direction.
This electric current would then be shorted out by the crystal lattice producing an electromagnetic field.
Heating the structure in the presence of a strong magnetic field would align the tiny antennas to the same orientation.
This is very similar to how an electret is made.

This would mean that all magnetic sources are electromagnetic in origin.
So I tend to believe in his theory, and will do so until someone comes up with a better one.
As we know magnetism is still a great mystery in the field of science.

Last edited:
I'm still working on utilizing this theory.
Perhaps covering a very large surface with permanent magnet material similar to how a solar cell is constructed.
The field of nanotechnology may come in handy here.
If there was a way to get the electric current to the outside world instead of it shorting out in the magnet.
Then we could use the electricity to run equipment.

@magnetomachine
The aligning of the antennas to convert the cosmic field takes place when the magnet is manufactured.
You are basically asking me how a permanent magnet is made.

Last edited:
There's a pretty serious flaw in your idea abbarue. Bring a magnet into a very deep cave or mine, it'll still work, there's no cosmic background radiation penetrating that region though, it's completely blocked by the earth. Bring a magnet creation device down to those depths, again still no cosmic background radiation, yet you'll still be able to create magnets.

Why not start with magnetic field? As in Earth?, LOL
As regards Quantam, later for more devloped students.
start at the begining.

think outside the square then square it

Cosmic Energy and magnets

@Sceadwian
Neutrino detectors are placed as deep in the Earth as possible,
because neutrinos pass right through our earth and keep on going.
Neutrinos are a form of cosmic energy. Neutrino - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also if you do some research on scalar energy you will learn that scalar waves can reach any corner of this universe unhindered.
A good place to start your studies of this subject is with the following pdf document.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/07/jse_15_2_meyl.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back