Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice simulation distortion function

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the emitter, why 2 resistance & capacitor // connected??
& What is this E12, E24.... ,i have seen many time as in 555 Calculator.

At the emitter, why 2 resistance & capacitor // connected??
The total of the two resistors is for the DC biasing and the unbypassed resistor is part of the AC gain calculation.

What is this E12, E24.... ,i have seen many time as in 555 Calculator.
Standard 5% resistors have 24 values per decade (E24). I haven't used 10% resistors for about 47 years so maybe they had only 12 values per decade (E12).

Standard 5% resistors have 24 values per decade (E24). I haven't used 10% resistors for about 47 years so maybe they had only 12 values per decade (E12).

I don't get you Please tell what is decade in resistance??

Last edited:
I find this circuit in my old electronics book, it is oscillator.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 342
In this waveform how to find angle of shift??

Its a start, but its incomplete.!

Place name labels on the signal point on the circuit, so that plots can be identified.

So thats a plot of Vs in and Vout...

BTW:
When you post a LTspice plot, please post your *.asc file so that we can try it.

Last edited:
I don't get you Please tell what is decade in resistance??
A decade is 10 times. A decade of resistance values starts the decade at 1k and goes 1.1k, 1.2k, 1.3k, 1.5k, 1.6k, 1.8k, 2k, 2.2k etc up to 9.1k. The next decade starts at 10k and goes up to 91k.

I find this circuit in my old electronics book, it is oscillator.
It is designed by sombody who knows nothing about electronics because it is not an oscillator. An oscillator has positive feedeback. This transistor does not have positive feedback, instead it has negative feedback at high frequencies.
Also the transistor is poorly biased by only one resistor from the positive supply so it is turned on all the time.

In this waveform how to find angle of shift??
I guess the low level is the output because a highpass filter attenuates the signal. The frequency is too low at 1kHz so the attenuation is high and the phase-shift appears to be almost 90 degrees. The phase-shift will be 60 degrees and the attenuation will be less at a higher frequency.

How to find exact angle??

Use the two cursors on the plot is one way.

This shows a 2kHz sine wave, note its not exactly 60degs shifted, you figure out that part.
Use the phase shift formula I posted yesterday.!!!

The *.ASC file is attached.

Attachments

• 000esp04.gif
    000esp04.gif
    40.2 KB · Views: 505
  • Draft48.asc
    636 bytes · Views: 303
Last edited:
180 degrees is half-way around.
90 degrees is a right angle.
60 degrees is 1/3rd of half way around.

Simply design a phase-shift oscillator the has three RC filters that have exactly the same R and C values. Then each RC filter produces a phase-shift of 60 degrees. It is easy if you use an amplifier with a high input impedance like a darlington transistor or two opamps.

HI ,AG i have seen your many post but don't get, how to get beta for any transistor??

Attachments

• ';JU.JPG
    ';JU.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 357
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back