Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Most Helpful Member
Can anyone supply me a pot model and instructions to install and run it? I've been using 2 resistors for to long now.
Thanks

Can anyone supply me a pot model and instructions to install and run it? I've been using 2 resistors for to long now.
Thanks

hi Ron,
Look here.
**broken link removed**

The user group has an excellent library of models.

Pot

Hi Eric,

Yahoo is where I got this one. I think I don't know how to set it up.
I have a folder named new in both the sub and sym folders. I put the symbol in the new symbol folder as an .asy file and the subcircuit in the new sub file as a .sub file. I then changed the Spice model line to point at the sub file.
I seem to have a mental block about this. Don't know why.

Attachments

• pot.PNG
    pot.PNG
    60 KB · Views: 6,590
  • potsym.PNG
    potsym.PNG
    67.2 KB · Views: 6,944
hi Ron,
Look at this asc, dont forget your include's....

Attachments

• potentiometer_test_step2.asc
    1.4 KB · Views: 4,010
Last edited:
Could I be putting it to far down? I am using like your option b. except my path is lib, sub, new, potentiometer.
When I try to run your asc. I modify the include directive to new/potentiometer.sub, but no dice. I get unknown subcircuit called.
Eric, I know this is a pain, but could you share your files and the directories you put them in? Then I should be able to run your schematic and be on exactly the same page. I keep thinking if I could do this once I would finally "get it."

hi Ron,
This is my zipped up Passive folder, its tucked away in: C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\MyWork

Attachments

• Ronv1.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 2,972
Thanks Eric,
I put the sym in the main symbol file and the sub in the main sub file and away it went (with includes). Is it possible to step the pot with time? It would be neat for example if you could see the output of an amplifier change as the pot changed.

Thanks Eric,
I put the sym in the main symbol file and the sub in the main sub file and away it went (with includes). Is it possible to step the pot with time? It would be neat for example if you could see the output of an amplifier change as the pot changed.

hi Ron,
This is one option.

EDIT:
Download this free audio program, use the 'Generate' option to create 'chirp' wave files.
You can change the start/stop freq, amplitude, waveform type and the time period.
Export the file as a 'wav' file
Use the LTS 'wave' option to drive the 'chirp' waveforms into your audio amp simulations.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Attachments

• Ronv01.gif
    Ronv01.gif
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,774
  • Ronv2a.asc
    636 bytes · Views: 806
Last edited:
Thanks Eric,
I'd give you a big green dot if I knew how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back