1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

LTspice DPDT Relay Model

Discussion in 'Circuit Simulation & PCB Design' started by crutschow, Jul 29, 2017.

1. crutschow

crutschow Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

I just generated a functional simulation model for a DPDT relay symbol I had previously downloaded (both attached).
    It includes an approximate 15ms open and close delay to simulate the mechanical relay operation.
    I'm posting it for others to use because I wasn't able to locate such a model elsewhere.
    I've also posted it in the Yahoo LTspice Users Group.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. alec_t

alec_t Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Nice.
    Slight mod suggested, since not all users put LTS files in the default location:- replace the absolute path to the diode library with .lib standard.dio

3. ericgibbs

ericgibbs Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Works OK,
    For Old XP Pro users the (x86) entry in the .lib C:\Program Files(x86)\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\cmp\standard.dio needs deleting in the sub file.

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. ci139

ci139 Active Member

i had problem with circuit element S - as "is?" https://bwrcs.eecs.berkeley.edu/Classes/IcBook/SPICE/UserGuide/elements_fr.html
    you don't seem to have L elements -- you should brief the recommended use in about. "Short Guide"
    otherwise "we" appreciate adding up to ever expanding models set , Hi crutschow (muhahahahaa)

6. crutschow

crutschow Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Thanks, I changed the .sub file to a relative reference for standard.dio.

I didn't include an L element since the value for that can vary widely, depending upon the relay, and this is just a functional model.

• Agree Agree x 1