Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice create new component problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilmanli

Dear all,
I have a problem which is that I can not create my own component at LTspice.After following the instruction of LTspice manual (Creatting New Symbols,Symbol Editing Overview,Drawing the body,Adding the Pins,Adding Attributes,Attribiute Visibility) still get the component creating my myself from component libraty.Below is the procedure :

1.DRAWING THE BODY:file/new symbol/draw (see figure 1)

2.Adding the Pins:Edit/Add pin/port ( see figure 2)

3.Adding Attributes:Edit /Attributes/Edit Attributes ( see figure 3)

4.Attribute Visibility:Edit /Attributes/Attributes Window but I can not do the update.

5.Save the component to LTspice library (see figure 4)

6.Call R1 component from library but I can not find it.

Would somebody help me which procedurce is wrong ?

Best regards,
Gilman Li.

Attachments

• Figure 1.jpg
    Figure 1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,084
  • Figure 2.JPG
    Figure 2.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 952
  • Figure 3.JPG
    Figure 3.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 965
  • Figure 4.JPG
    Figure 4.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 972
You have some mistaken ideas. You are creating a symbol, not a library part. A symbol is used as an interface to a textual Spice netlist that you export from a third party, or to a hierarchical schematic block. In these cases, pin names have to match node names in the underlying schematic, or the pin order has to match the node names in the .SUBCKT statement in the textual netlist. If successful in creating a symbol, it is not good practice to try to add it to the "Standard" libraries. It is much easier to create a "user defined" library which is used to contain your own parts. It is better to put your user libraries someplace other than where LTSpice puts its standard libraries, because they will get overwritten next time you do an LTSpice update.

Hi Mike,
Thanks you for your help and suggestion.I had readed the LTspice manual ( totally 206 pages ) but the manual describe how to create a new part not so detail,I follow the instruction completely still can not make a new component.
By the manual descreption ,after completed the Adding the Pins procedurce, the symbol of the pins have electrical connnection into the component.
During making the electrical connection with the symbol,I don't understand some of features such as Label,Netlist Order,Pin Label Position ( TOP,LEFT,RIGHT,BOTTOM ),do you know these function ?
Have you experiance in build a new component using LTspice ? if yes,would you mind telling me the procedurce ? After roughly readed the LTspice manual and opened each educational examples I find the LTspice is very powerful,it save me the timing during design and understand electronic so I want to fully understand this SW.
Enclose is the LTspice manual for your reference.

Best regards,
Gilman LI.

Attachments

• LTspice manual.pdf
    700.6 KB · Views: 1,057

Attachments

• ltspicesubckts.pdf
    478.6 KB · Views: 1,186
Last edited:
Hi Ericgibbs,
Thanks you very much,the material very useful and I also visit the website download the files which so many application LTspice circuit,I will study one by one.

Best regards,
Gilman Li.

Regarding new component attachment

Hello ericgibbs,

could you tell me one thing. i am new to LT Spice.
I have been using other circuit simulation Softwares.
i want to know can i add new component in LT Spice library.
for example- Texas components, NI Components,
if yes, then please tell me, how can i do that.

Hello ericgibbs,

could you tell me one thing. i am new to LT Spice.
I have been using other circuit simulation Softwares.
i want to know can i add new component in LT Spice library.
for example- Texas components, NI Components,
if yes, then please tell me, how can i do that.

hi,
Look thru this pdf.

Attachments

• ltguide.pdf
    46.1 KB · Views: 832
Regarding new component attachment

This is not the answer of my question.
i want to add some new components in LT Spice library.
Like tlv 2401 Op-amp from texas instrument.
can i add this component in LT Spice.
if yes then how?

This is not the answer of my question.
i want to add some new components in LT Spice library.
Like tlv 2401 Op-amp from texas instrument.
can i add this component in LT Spice.
if yes then how?
Look at this list.
Google

I Googled Adding Manufacturers models to LTspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back