Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT SPICE transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your link says, "Google Ads" twice then something about the Free Info Society. Then I get the Google home page.

Weird??
the URL says freeinfosocity but why your getting google??
Let me open the link then copy n paste---maybe?

Thank you for posting the correct link to the project. But it is the same as on your other thread.
Its output transformer steps up the voltage 3 times and has an output of 15V RMS which is the same as 28 Watts into 8 ohms.

Well is this better than using an inductor of say 1mh?
I am trying to conserve cost and space and using an expensive $20+ tweeter is out of the question. Besides deer will maybe be able to hear it.
PLAN - I need to head south to Blackfoot Idaho for the Grand Teton Jamboral (a smaller version of Jamboree being held in Virginia this year) so hopeing to have a working prototype by Wednesday or Thursday to drive through "no mans land" (LOTS of deer as there are alpha fields on both sides of the highway. LOTS of deer etc have met their maker in this ten mile stretch of highway.
Would like to see the deer reactions to my cheap tweeters.
two tweeters, one PIC. ON/OFF switch for testing purposes. Actual unit to have a ball in a tube that the ball breaks the ir beam or maybe just a micro switch (thinking dirt might disable the sensor?)
So for now just ON/OFF. BUT need an amp. Perhaps instead of 1-3 transformer what about 1-4? or go with the push pull using 2 - NPNs and 2 - PNPs.
I have lots of 2n3055's and 2n3054's, both NPNs. Can maybe purchase from R.S. some tip 41 and tip 42 but ??
any suggestions are welcome. I know we talked about a push pull but any better method for wide voltage swings (inductors as mentioned but not real uuseful for wide span of frequencies needed.

There's something odd with your browser audioguru, the original link worked (and still does) for me.

I'm not sure what you're talking about Nigel, clicking on the link in both post #18 and post #23 open the PDF for a painfield generator. There's something wrong with the way the link is formated for your browsers apparently. I'm using Firefox 3.6.3

I'm not sure what you're talking about Nigel, clicking on the link in both post #18 and post #23 open the PDF for a painfield generator. There's something wrong with the way the link is formated for your browsers apparently. I'm using Firefox 3.6.3

#23 does, but #18 even reads wrong use IE8:

I've just looked at the source code, as posted here

Code:
The tweeters are rated 94db sensitivity?? <br />
the push pull section is in this document <a href="http://googleads.sgdoubleclick.net/pagead/nclk?sa=L&amp;ai=1&amp;fadurl=googleads.g.doubleclick.net&amp;u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freeinfosociety.com%2Felectronics%2Fschematics%2Fweaponry%2Fpainfieldgenerator.pdf&amp;aclck=http%3A%2F%2Fsuperfindonline.com%2Findex.php%3Fsearch%3Dksn6001a" target="_blank">http://googleads.sgdoubleclick.net/p...rch%3Dksn6001a</a><br />
hopefully I can just connect the 555 and the D flip flop and get some output?<br />

Attachments

• temp.gif
    temp.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
I also use Internet Exporer 8.
Here is what I see and what I get:

Attachments

• Google Ads.PNG
    Google Ads.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 160
hi,
I have downloaded OK, so I will post the pdf.

EDIT: removed redundant 1.5meg pdf, saves a little storage space.

Last edited:
hi,
I have downloaded OK, so I will post the pdf.

Nice of you Eric, but once he posted the link correctly in post #23 it downloads fine anyway.

Incidently, I was looking at the specs for the 'child scarers' the other day, the ones in question work at 17KHz, and claim to disperse youngsters to over 30m away. There's also an 'adult' setting at 8KHz, which disperses everyone :D

Nice of you Eric, but once he posted the link correctly in post #23 it downloads fine anyway.

Incidently, I was looking at the specs for the 'child scarers' the other day, the ones in question work at 17KHz, and claim to disperse youngsters to over 30m away. There's also an 'adult' setting at 8KHz, which disperses everyone :D

hi,
A saw TV demo of that system, it was installed near a small shopping centre that had been suffering from rowdy gangs in the evenings, the owners claimed it has solved the problem

EDIT:
http://www.indymedia.ie/article/86200

Last edited:
Nigel, I'm not sure you understood what I said, it must have something to do with your browser settings, perhaps a security option you have set.

Posts 3, 13, 18, and 23 all open valid web pages for me. Yes I understand the link posted points to Google Ads, it's probably a hit counter for Google ads to the website advertised, my browser however automatically goes to the actual destination link. More than likley it's a security setting to avoid click through hacks.

Last edited:
One major problem -- transformer bobbin?
the bill of materials lists Medultra as supplier but doing a search etc - zilch!!
any suggestions or go with a transformerless amp but I am not going to get the voltage swings??

Experiments - built a push pull using an NPN and PNP connected to output of 555 = very faint but high pitched sound
Experiment 2 = put an audio output transformer (input 1k, output 8ohms loaded) BUT I connected the transformer backwards hopeing for an increase in voltage = got a high pitched noise but only 340mv on the piezo tweeter.
Connected the output of 555 to piezo = kinda loud but only 3.6v on tweeter terminals.
back to the drawing board or maybe just try this out w/o and additional amp.
Maybe the deer will hear me comming and run for the hills??

Back to transformeless circuit

BUT it won't increase the voltage ?? WHY?
something with the simulation or ?
ran across this same circuit (2-NPN's and 2 - PNPs)
using a pulsed input (the outputs alternate back n forth THINK 555 alternating LEDs) but I show 180ma at the 8 ohm speaker (going to be a piezo tweeter) but only 4.8 volts.
WHY???
note the actual circuit that I am going to use is an output from a PIC with two separate frequency ranges (2-8khz and 15-20khz)

Attachments

• 555 pump amp.PNG
    555 pump amp.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 279
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back