Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking to make/buy a custom Bluetooth computer mouse to a specific spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports geek

Hey, I'm new here but hoping someone can help me. I have a request to make or buy a custom computer mouse to the following spec. Must be Bluetooth wireless, must be small, Only require 2 buttons and no cursor, left click and right click. Here is where it gets complex, The mouse controls, (left click and right click) need to be pressed without anyone knowing so maybe a tap of the left foot is left click, right foot right click, I am open to suggestions. If anyone has any thoughts or thinks they may be able to make me the mouse, please reply. Regards
Jay

Hi SG,

Greetings from ETO.

Which county are you at? If you put it next to 'Location' on your user page it will show in the box at the left of your posts.

About your request. This seems to require mainly mechanical/wiring work.

Off the top of my head this is how I see it:

(1) Buy a standard bluetooth mouse.

(2) Wire external push-to-make switches in place of the original switches.

And that is all there is to it- unless I am missing something.:)

spec

Hey, Im from London, Thanks for your reply, You mention push-to-make switches, do you know of any wearable tech switches I could use instead? Either in clothing or on the body, thanks.

Hey, Im from London, Thanks for your reply, You mention push-to-make switches, do you know of any wearable tech switches I could use instead? Either in clothing or on the body, thanks.
Push-to-make switches are a standard component in electronics. They come in a wide range of types and sizes. I will get you some links.:)

By the way, the two buttons on a mouse are nothing more than push-to-make switches.

spec

Last edited:
Hi, Please elaborate, why do you need random clicking without pointing?

as mentioned step 2 is easy

depending on cost, effort and requirements you want to put in to this, you may be able to swing something smaller and better than modding a mouse, ie are you planning to strap the mouse on your wrist under your sleve..... what does the button do exactly?

ie, check out the "candy board" its the size of a small flat tv remote and has full keyboard built in
also a quick google search on "bluetooth remote pc" provides some interesting results, but we need to be careful there with compatibility to your application

Its for monitoring the winner of points in a particular sport in real time, left click = player 1, right click = player 2. The software I have developed on a remote server that I can connect to with a USB OTG enabled mobile phone. The issue is it needs to be incognito as the governing body don't like us being in the crowd. I was thinking about sewing 2 switches in to a jackets sleeves.Cost doesn't really matter. Just needs to be undetectable to people watching out for us. Thanks for your help guys.

depending on cost, effort and requirements you want to put in to this, you may be able to swing something smaller and better than modding a mouse,
I was envisaging just removing the board from inside the mouse. I can't imagine anything better or simpler.:wideyed:

spec

Last edited:
hmmm... sounds shady!

just thinking all we really need is 2 buttons with Bluetooth

if we are running from cell phone with custom software then a "bluetooth remote" like this one may be ideal:
https://gadgetsin.com/the-bluetooth-remote-shutter-with-integrated-gamepad.htm
is it ok to just have the clicker in your pocket? how undetectable? are you getting pat down? it is common for ppl to put their hands in pockets..

.... the only thing we would need to watch out for to get this running is being able to decode the devices input in your cell phone api, but the suggestion that it is a game controller indicates that it may be a bluetooth serial device as a lot of game controllers are... in which case it would be a simple task for the developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back