Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking to build my first solar powerd beam bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i use calculator solar cells for a beam bot this would be my first bot and cells have about 1.9 volts in full sun light and for the ma i dont know i have a very shitty AMM it was like 5 bucks from the shack.

also do you guy have any advise about building one.

Solar cells generally are only low power, and calculator ones are absolutely miniscule - although in bright sunlight they may be enough to give it an occasional 'kick'.

ok i need better solar cells/pannels for future bots i will make this bot later today. but were is a good/cheap sourse of solar cells i have seen the solar garden lamps they are like 4.75 on allelectronics.com

davidbball13 said:
yeah my friend bought that. is it easy to put leads on the broken cells has any one bought this how to the cells preform

Except for the shipping I think 9+ us dollars it's cheap. Start scraping out the seat cushen's in the couch then order them and do some testing. If anything but a cheap lesson. Keep some around for other project's ?

Each one will measure a different voltage of course. The first time I saw this I was tempted.

https://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-...-CELLS_W_CHARGING_CIRCUIT_-_1_AMBER_LED_.html

$2.50... There are two cells, about 2 inches square. Each gives about 3 volts no load, and about 20 ma. About as cheap as you can find, unless your neighbor has some in the yard...

**broken link removed**

The most complete B.E.A.M. site I know of, and has many circuits and build plans. Plenty of of information about what you can do. Most of the solar powered ones use a small solar cell, like from your calculator to charge a capacitor, then dump it quickly to a motor, for a short burst of movement. Plenty of videos of these there as well.

yeah this guy in my hood has likt 40 of them it his front yard i think i will rearrange them and take like 5 of them
what about some simple robot books

Don't steal them idiot! Just buy them. Better yet find some broken yard lights.

Taking something when you can learn how to fund.

Tell the guy if he didn't give you 9 bucks 5 of his yard lights might come up missing. Better yet take five and tell him if he gives you nine bucks you'll now where to find'em.

But if you want to be a true experimental Project builder you'll go over and ask him to donate to your project throw in a free lawn cutting ? When it's done you can show him how it works.

Start the lawn mower and go get it. Market yourself.

killivolt said:
throw in a free lawn cutting ?

i have a lawn mowing business in my hood i charge 35 for mulching and 40 for bagging. im not going to give this cat a free mow for some yard lamps i think i will steel them. now all i have to do is find my ninja costume.

ahhh good luck weedhopper and see you in the juvie.

If that's the case then know your market and go get some money. Someone close to me (Brother was stabbed in prison.)

His last words to him were (That a man can work everyday of his life and make more money than the fool who steals it.)

So, then why fall to the path of least resistance when you can transist like the true Supercomputer you are and create your own destiny. Life is way to short for such foolishness.

I was joking about swiping them out of someone's yard (have to stop doing that). You have a job, is it really worth the trouble if you got caught? Doubt they would take it to court, but who would want you on their property, after the neighbor spreads the word around the neighborhood? I wouldn't, you might see something like, and it's gone... Once you loose trust, it's difficult to get back.

HarveyH42 said:
I was joking about swiping them out of someone's yard (have to stop doing that). You have a job, is it really worth the trouble if you got caught? Doubt they would take it to court, but who would want you on their property, after the neighbor spreads the word around the neighborhood? I wouldn't, you might see something like, and it's gone... Once you loose trust, it's difficult to get back.

I wouldn't take it to seriously. He mostly likes the shock value of what he's suggesting. However, I will not leave it to that and will point out such folly. It's not the light's but instead the logic of (fools and their folly.)

Sometimes commonsense is not so common and logic much more difficult (people in prison) saw how to draw a straight line to the source was in their mind a simple easy deduction to them logical ?

Wrong, those same people saw the quick and easy straight line into the (source) of their wants. Failing to see where the line in time would lead.

So, then how smart are they ? really ? and you guessed it. Actually out witting them selfs ? :D

Go dumpster diving, go to a TV repair place. If you're going to steal you should not be in the hobby unfortunately. Give the guy a free lawn mowing. It isnt hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back