Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for spare parts for Hakko 850B rework station

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

Hey all,
As title says, i'm in need of spare parts for Hakko 850B rework station.
got this from school back in the days, but now i started looking for nozzles and such, ecpecially what i'm looking for are handle and heating tube which has quartz tube inside, as that tube is broken, shattered really. Probadly fallen to ground, dunno.
I already took small pieces of glass out which obstructed air flow, but i don't think it's wise to actually use this, as quartz tube probadly is there for reason...

Trouble is, i can find the parts i'm looking for, but if they ship to EU shipping price or part cost is just ridiculous.

I was wondering if someone of you could find parts, i'd hate to abandon this tool, as it works however.
I checked that new reworking station cost around 100-200 euros. I'm not talking about weller, no need to get weller straight away....
Thanks for any help!

Have you tried WilTec in Germany? They are a bit closer to you. I know they used to keep some Aoyue/ Hakko spares, including the heater tube :)

NEVER heard of that company, worth shot! shipping could be cheap also. Thanks mate!

Small update, sent two emails this morning, other to WilTec, and other to dancap. Dancap replied that they don't have any parts left for hakko 850B

If the quartz is just a tube, it might be easy enough to cut it precisely or score it.

I used to seal stuff under vacuum in quartz. At work I had the tools to cut it precisely. We had a wafer saw which used relatively slow moving diamond blade that picked up lubricant from the "tub" below. Whatever we were cutting was placed on a counter-weighted arm at the top and would auto stop the cut. Whatever we were cutting was attached with "something" that we heated to make gooey and it would dissolve in Acetone.

It seems i found winner for this problem, i consulted with sales/service representative from WilTec, and i get all parts i need from them. They sell aoyue parts, but are compatible with Hakko products also. Thanks for help guys! :) for reference, original heater pipe with quartz costs around 50-120 dollars, and aoyue around 10 dollars incl shipping & VAT

https://aoyue.eu/aoyue-heater-pipe-hot-air-devices-850-852.html

Last edited:
Glad you found a cross reference.

Might have to go ebaying for old Hakko now.

Oh, you don't need it anymore?

Looking to buy. Now we know how to fix it.

Ah i see, i read your post too quickly....didn't understand it at first :)

Thanks for you, otherwise i wouldh've bought new one or original spare parts which would have cost me arms and leg....

i'll let you know what happens when they'll arrive, should arrive pretty fast by DHL, couple days

I have an Aoyue 968 that I use occasionally. Before I purchased it a few years ago from China I looked for and identified multiple sources of spares for it and WilTec GMBH were one of their agents. For some reason their name just stuck in my mind, but I wasn't 100% sure if they still did them or not. There is an outfit here in London, who's name escapes me at the moment, that also carries heaters and other parts for them. I bought a couple of heaters two years ago from them, but I figured that shipping etc would be more expensive for you. There are several sources in the U.S as well, both for original old Hakko branded parts and the more modern Aoyue equivalents, but they are really expensive for them and shipping to the EU is also relatively expensive, not to mention being asked to bend over for import duty & VAT etc.

Anyway, keep us posted on how you get on :)

Still haven't gotten spare parts, but i figured i would share my recent finding in here, as i found weller soldering iron dirt cheap, costed only coffee pack :)

Got parts today for hakko, earth wire was inch too short, but had it fixed also. Works like charm! :)

Is the Weller you got temperature controlled?

Got pictures of the Hakko fix?

We'd love to see it. At least I would.

Sure, i'll post photos as soon i can. Yes weller is temperature controlled, and currently it warms fastest of these irons i have! quite old, made in 80's and wattage is 50w.

Here's the photos. I know it's not the most wisest thing to add length to earth wire, but at least it is there.
Other thing you might note is that original tube's holes are bigger, but so far it hasn't been issue.
Now the next thing is to make/buy handle holder. I'll try to make it first, WilTec doesn't suplly 'em....

hakko-repair (1).jpg hakko-repair (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back