Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for rock-solid RTOS+TCP stack+DHCPclient combo for ARM Cortex M4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiro45

Hi,

we're looking for rock solid combination of RTOS, TCP Stack and DHCP (and other) client.

What for ?
We need stable DHCP client, so module gets safely IP number all the time. We need stable TCP stack so module can exchange messages with the cloud storage.
And probably we also need RTOS...

Why ?

Because our experiences were not so good in the past, we're seeking for recomendation on rock solid development combo - we're currently evaluating Ti connected Launchpad....

Previous experiences:
Ti seems to have problem with demo app (or better said driver), cause it dies after day or two... we also hear about some unstable DHCP clients also. Therefore we would kindly ask
if you can point out your favourite combo...

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Kiro.

Are you using the CC3200 Simplelink launchpad? I've just bought a couple of them for a potential product as well, arriving late this week if the expected delivery date is to be believed.

Otherwise I've used the lwIP stack with a Cortex M3, however without an OS. I found it to be a little difficult at times because of the memory constraints of the M3, but otherwise not too bad at all. I had a memory hungry application, and then also the stack on a 64K ram device. If memory isn't a huge issue, its a good route to investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back