Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for connector/adapter (?): 60 pin fpc to dip

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

okay, this time i'm looking for adapter that converts 60 pin FPC connector (0.5mm pitch) to DIP (1.2mm pitch)

only close ones i can find are these, 50 pin ones but i don't think it's enought.....there ARE however 60pin FPC connectors on sale, but i can't make such pcb where i could solder that connector. Sure there is pain to solder FPC, but what gives :)

so like this, BUT for 60 pin:
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/z/3z4AAMXQEgpTDEG8/$_57.JPG

oh right, you're right! i messed with b(p)itches...i saw that too, but i'd need smd pin headers too :S they don't sound rigid compared to DIP ones....
and umm, what's smt stencil?

I just received an order from these guys. Nice stuff.

You can order the "Kit" or just the stencil. Here's the kit: https://www.proto-advantage.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3410015
The "stencil" was on the related products for the page. The videos show how to use their stuff.

In any event, SMT boards are soldered by applying a "solder paste" through a mask, a.k.a, the "stencil". The mask can be metal or mylar. The stencil generally covers the entire PCB. Then the components are placed and set in an oven with a specific Temperature vs Time profile.

In double-sided SMT boards, the components on the bottom might be held on by surface tension alone or a glue is applied, There is a low temperature curing step required for the glue. The glue is applied with a nozzle.

The solder paste has a limited shelf life for stencil applications.

So, components like your connector with pins on the bottom require hot air to solder manually.

==

The SMD headers use an alternating pattern. The kit contains a small PCB with holes to set the separation of the headers while soldering. The PCB separator is not used after soldering.

luckily i do have hot air soldering station, but tips i have currently in hand are pretty standard, all round-type.

seems there is much art in SMD working, no surprise though :)

thanks for help, made account to there and i have feeling that i'll shop there again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back