Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for 8086 hex compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Rider

I just got quite aquainted with PIC microcontrollers but recently i've been seriously interested in the 8086 microprocessor. I did some internet search and found mcu8051 IDE but it happens to be for the 8051 family of microprocessors. Next i found emu8086 but then during compilation of asm code it only gives output in .bin. I need to simulate these outputs in proteus and that's why i need the hex output. Does anyone know of any suitable IDE/compiler/linker that does that for the 8086 family of microprocessors, or at least for just the 8086? Thanks.

There are a lot of free 8086 compilers.... C, Pascal and more... But you want MASM or TASM or A86.

I'm not sure if MASM (Microsoft ) and TASM (Borland ) do the original 8086 ( I think they do )

Out of the three I used A86 alot.... https://eji.com/a86/

Thanks. I went for A86. I was actually mistaken when i thought i needed a hex file output for 8086, until after much trouble i checked proteus again and saw it required an executable file, unlike PIC. I think masm might actually work. I'll try it out.

There are trojan viruses on that web site..... Have you not a virus killer running on your computer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back