Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Location or lack of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the pic's of my farm in google earth come up great, the water mark says'GOGGLE 2006" but the reatity is the pic is over 4 years old. I know as the first thing I did when I bought the place was put in a new road but that isn't shown. Then again here in Oz we're 40 years behind the rest of the world and getting worse so it doesn't surprise me google hasn't bothered updating.

Has any more thought gone into this. It's seriously simple to mark the Location field as required under vBulletin options. If people put in crap, there's nothing anyone can do, but at least making it required forces people to think about it. In the description of the field can be a little blurb stating why it's important, (available component suggestions, cost, and shipping consideration, line voltage...)

EDIT: The blurb can mention that only Country is really necessary if people are afraid of putting in too much info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back