Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Local Image Hosting in Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Hi all,

I have seen a few requests recently for local image uploading in the Chat and was wondering if this would be an easy modification to implement? I think it would be very useful, as currently the images need to be uploaded to a site like tinypic, the url copied, and then pasted in the image tags in the Chat. Having local (temporary) image hosting would be very nice to have. Is there any way we could get this at some point?

Thanks!
Regards,
Matt

hi Matt,
I use a 'Temporary File Holder' entry on my ETO Blog.
Then link to the file holder.
E

Hi Eric,

I have done that before as well, but sometimes I have the chat open and not the page. I just think uploading directly to the chat would be very useful at times. It is just a thought I've been mulling over for the past couple of weeks, and last night a member in chat asked me if there was a local upload option, so I decided I'd mention it and see what other people thought.

Regards,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back