Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM7805 in Eagle PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
The grid and scaling system in Eagle is very powerful and easy to use. Spend some time experimenting with it. The Tutorial page you referred to shows how to adjust the grid settings. Simply set it to Millimeters, then (to do your larger outline), set the grid to about 5mm per division. After you have your large 50mm dimensions drawn in 21’st place, re-adjust your grid to 1mm per div and place the pads.

Happy Draw’n
0x34

A340 said:
Hi 0x34;

Thanks for the start; I was able to make the schematic symbol fine and save it. Now I a am trying to make the package but I do not quite understand the scaling.

How do I go about setting the scale to build a package that measure 40mm wide by 55.5mm long. With 4 round pads 1mm in dia located 2.54mm apart and the first one position 27.05mm from one end of the outline and the center line of the pad position .5mm from the edge of the outline.

I am also looking at this page:

**broken link removed**
I had some similar questions about the library editor the other day. Evandude pointed me to this excellent and to the point tutorial:
**broken link removed**

I want to say thanks very much for the help 0x34 and Loosewire. I have bookmarked the url and I was able to make the part like you said 0x34.

Thanks a mil

Anyone know where I can locate the data sheet for an RJ11/45 I will like to build this package in Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back