Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM339 - Do All Unused Pins Require Grounding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angie1199

Just as the subject says, if I only use one comparator pair and the LM339 pos and neg power pins do I link the other comparator pins to ground?

If it was me, I would simply leave unused pins unconnected, (i.e. not to ground, and not to supply) This might not be the ideal solution for the chip, so I would assume if pins had to grounded, ONLY ground the inputs. Leave the outputs.

SPDCHK said:
If it was me, I would simply leave unused pins unconnected, (i.e. not to ground, and not to supply) This might not be the ideal solution for the chip, so I would assume if pins had to grounded, ONLY ground the inputs. Leave the outputs.
The outputs are open collector so grounding them like the inputs doesn't do any harm and is recommended by the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back