Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

line following robot without microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i use lm324 comparator or any other... tell me the advantages of lm324 over other comparators.

LM324 isn't a comparator, it's a quad opamp.

Check my site below, which contains all the details of a magazine line follower.

Last edited:
lm324 is a digital ic and it can compare the voltage also, in sensor circuit it may be act as a comparator. is it right?

confused about lm324

i just confused about lm432 because i got a information about lm324 like this in attachement. if it wright or wrong? if it wrrong in attachement plz explain abot it.

Attachments

• OPAMPS1.doc
    51 KB · Views: 672
While that document seems mostly wrong and very poorly written, even it repeatedly says that the LM324 is an opamp - basically it's four 741's in a single casing.

As I've said, you can configure an opamp as a comparator, but it's not actually one.

For a comparaor, check the LM311, LM339, LM393 - there are loads of different ones.

sensor circuit lm324

k thanks. in my line following robot, the sensor part have the lm324. i attach the basic block diagram it, bt in this lm 324 is act as comparator.....if lm324 act as a comparator in sensor?

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 723
I don't know what the libraries are like in your area, but when I started looking for library books about beginning robotics in my area I found several that went into a lot of detail about building line followers. Kind of frustrating since that wasn't what I wanted, but a good resource if it is what you want. There was even one that was only about building line followers, and gave full details on every aspect, the housing, drivetrain, electronics and power supplies, where to get the stuff and how to build it, that one was called Robot Building for Beginners by David Cook. But there are several others if you can't find that. His website gives a lot of the details if your interested in that one: Robot Room - Sandwich, The Line-Following Robot

Need Help Urgent

Hi friends,

There will be two parts to this system: a mouse shaped part, Jerry, and a cat shaped part, Tom. Both will be mounted with sensors and motors. They will communicate with each other, and Tom will chase Jerry. Tom will not be equipped with any sensors other than the sensor to detect Jerry, so that he bumps into walls and other objects (hardware will be protected) as in the cartoon. Jerry may or may not have other sensors to prevent him from crashing into objects, but will have a sensor that detects Tom so he goes in a different direction. The two might also communicate so that Jerryís velocity is always greater than Tomís.

This s synopsis of my project. Can anyone help me,like how can these 2 robots communicate. It would be great if u give some ideas how i can proceed this project..

Can we make a 4(or more) legged bot which follows a line without using a microcontroller, using comparator?
if yes how?
please help me.

The LM324 is not a comparator but it can be configured as one. I personaly think that you would have much more luck using an op-amp configured as an op-amp for this task. It would gradually addjust the speed of the motor as the line moves away from one of the LDRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back