Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

line follower circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search for "Schmitt trigger" on the net. It's probably what you're looking for

A schmitt trigger will (if correct set up) supress noise in a digital signal.

A schmitt-trigger can either be bought as a regular IC (7414) or constructed as an simple opamp circuit (read on Wikipedia)

If I ever teach a robotics class, I'm definitely not giving them a line follower as a project. It's gotten to the point where if you type "line follower robot" or "line follower schematic" or any such thing into Google you get 500 plans for line following robots, complete with diagrams. Speaking of which, OP, Google it and you'll find complete schematics galore. Actually norlin just said that, and he suggested the same book that I was going to. So I'll just second that, I've read it, it's an extremely complete book, it gives you everything from the circuit diagrams to tips on soldering and joining wires and building the frame, to suggested suppliers for the parts.

Last edited:
I have tried the following circuit, but my ics are getting burnt every time I try to use it. I have nearly burnt 10 ics.
Please assist.

Attachments

• IR CIRCUT1.png
    IR CIRCUT1.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 812
Did he specify to use no prepackaged IC's because a comparator chip and a motor driver chip could make this a very simple project.

i think transistorian gave u the correst circuit ,test it on a simulation software if u hav one,if u don't don't panic it is very cheap.

Looks to me that it connects to the other lead of each motor (ie, the one that's not connected to + on the battery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back