Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

*Legal* FM Jammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

In the US, the amount of EMI permitted is much higher than what is actually required to interfere with most FM tuners. Specifically, I believe what's permissible is no more than 250uV/m at 3m.

Is there a simple broadband noise circuit that will block the FM band within the legal requirement? I've done it unintentionally with PWM amp chips before but I was probably also exceeding FCC rules. The aim of this project is to keep a workplace free of inappropriate political and/or religious programming.

Last edited:
There is no legal jammer, no matter what the power level. It is illegal to deliberately disrupt another party's communication system.

Not mine, a friends. Everyone at my place has headphones. I guess I'm something of an offender, though, because my cans aren't closed. The only time anyone said anything was when a buddy of mine noticed I was listening to some H-town rap pretty loud, and he thought it was more funny than anything else. Flossin', swervin', the rims is glistenin'....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back