Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led silicon diode graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDFG

Hello,
What this mean led work as linearly?
And there is 20 red led in series at 20mA
And 2 series red only at 20mA will brightness will vary of both?

Sorry I don't understand you question.
LEDs are "linear" in that current to light is linear. (1/2 the current = 1/2 the light)
Voltage is not linear.

I have listen led work linear as in optocoupler so it use IR led
Will linearty work with IR led too?
And
2nd there is 2 string of led
A. The led of red 2v are connted in serious of 5 with series current R which is passing 20mA fixed
B. There is 16 led of red only same at 20mA with Rseries .
So will it brightness will same in a and b?

I think the current to light is linear with any color. (IR) Some white LEDs are using phosphor to get white. So they are a little different.

A LED with 2omA will out put the same light if it is in a string of 5 or a string of 2 or only a single LED.
So the 5 LED string (20mA) will output 5 time the light of one LED (20mA). Assuming the LEDs are all pointing at the light meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back