Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learn 8051 using CY7C68013A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renzen

Hi,
If I want to learn 8051, can I use CY7C68013A?
CY7C68013A has integrated 8051 microcontroller, and it's very cheap :D

You need a C compiler or assembler for the CY7C68013A.
The timing will be different that a 8051. I did not read all 71 pages of data. Most new 8051(s) are MUCH faster. Some of the instruction much faster.
It is like getting a new car and by mistake they give you a rice car. It will get you to work just fine.
I would not play with the USB functions for now.

SDCC is one of the best 8051 compilers, and its free....

I would need to check out the specs, but it seems as if it has a USB bootloader... Neat! Where you'd get the software ? I should imagine at Cypress!!

Did you get a Dev board????

I think the schematic look like this temp3.png
Many people bought CY7C68013A at ebay or aliexpress, because it's logic analyzer clone of a product. Some people use it with Signok. I think it's same like EZ-USB or USB-FX2 interface.
But I want use it for fun experiment with fast usb support, and if in the future I want to move to other microprocessor or FPGA, I might use it as USB to parallel. Just an idea for cheap solution :D
I haven't bought it. Want to know first if it possible for learn 8051.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back