Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD and 4x4 Keypad on the Same port & DTMF using PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee_man_tbu

Hey everyone

Can someone please tell me how too connect a LCD and 4x4 keypad using on 8-bit I/O Port on a PIC MCU?

I konw the data bits that the LCD will see will not affect it's operation becuase the E and RS lines and seperate, but i am unsure if i need too make the LCD Run in 4-bit mode or can i still use the LCD and 8 Bit mode and have the 4x4 keypad work properly.
I want the Rows of the Keypad connected to the Lower 4 Bits(Outputs) and the Cols. of the keypad connected too the the upper 4 Bits(inputs).

Also, has anyone ever used the hardware PWM too generate a DTMF signal, and if so, how ?

Any help on this matter would be great

Thanks

Lee Stoner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back