Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Latching-relay (single and dual-coil) simulation models

Status
Not open for further replies.

alec_t

Most Helpful Member
In connection with this other thread, I developed LTspice simulation models respectively for single and dual-coil DPDT latching relays, based on data from various datasheets. I attach the .sub and .asy files here in case anyone else might find them useful or can suggest improvements. In use, right-clicking on the symbol enables default relay parameters to be adjusted.

Attachments

• DPDT_latch_single_coil.asy
    1.8 KB · Views: 501
  • DPDT_latch_single_coil_Test.asc
    1.3 KB · Views: 481
  • DPDT_latch_single_coil.sub
    799 bytes · Views: 453
  • DPDT_latch_dual_coil.asy
    2 KB · Views: 555
  • DPDT_latch_dual_coil_Test.asc
    1.3 KB · Views: 500
  • DPDT_latch_dual_coil.sub
    856 bytes · Views: 527
This looks like good material for an ETO rticle Alec.

spec

Is there any reason this shouldn't be compatible with LTspice XVII? It does't appear as a placeable component in the "place component" menu, after adding the .sub files to lib\sub and the .asy file to lib\sym -- although for some reason I can place it from the working directory where it resides alongside the test circuit.

In either event, LTspice gives me an "unknown subcircuit" error and won't simulate the test file. I'm not sure how to proceed since I've never added components in this fashion to LTspice.

If you're running LTS XVII under Windows10 the files need to be in the .....User\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib folders path.

I didn't know that about LTspice XVII, but the problem was actually that I needed to add the SPICE directive ".include DPDT_latch_dual_coil.sub" to the example asc file.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Glad you found a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back