Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laser or IR beam alarm system

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are solid state devices so I assume you can keep them on as long as you want as long as it is cooled properly with heatsinks or some other method.

Hi. I am meesam. I have seen the circuit for the IR project. I really like it. But please somebody tell me the real IR detector and its number and name which i can purchase for my project. I also want to make an IR detection system.

hey dere,
im building a similar project as da 1 mentiond abve: my project wud consist of a laser beam pointed at an ldr. it will detect the presence of a car in the carport and transmit a signal to inform me of the cars arrival.
since i am a noob in electronics, i wud jus like sum advice on hw to go about constructing this circuit or ne othr factors
Thanks
nash

ok.. first off...
im cheap, i dont go out and buy a crap-load of 555 timers to do this
thats why i go to here
no ics just plain fun!
oh yea
keep up da gewd werk!:D

sorry for the double
i cant get any of these to werk on my breasboard...
i guess its time for some new transistors...

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I am looking to create this system and in addition have it sound an alarm inside my house. For instance, whenever a car pulls up into the driveway an alarm tells me. I think that the easiest way would be to use a simple FM transmitter instead of a buzzer, though I'm not completely sure; I would be picking up the signal a a standard radio and excessive static could be annoying. Any suggestions and Schematics/other help?

I'm a noob to electronics past incredibly simple stuff.

Thanks.

Value of Transistors

i think ur circuit is great but
here you cannot given the value of transistors(NPN,NPN,PNP)
plz given the value of these transistors in this circuit
i hope u understand my question
:eek:

i don't understand about this laser circuit and it's operation

hello hi,
am very new ere.... so please explain about this laser working principle...... i saw that circuit diagram....... just there is buzzer only.... but wer is laser light.... please help me...

please clear my doubt

ello hi sir,
am very new ere..... and i saw your circuit diagram.... what is the purpose of that circuit connection....... please give details ...... where do we connect the laser?

Thanks, Im not familiar with transistors used in the circuit. can i use any transistor as long as it is NPN or PNP?

mohamed abdullah said:
how can i connnect the laser beam and where? i'm very confused.....

There is no laser use in this circuit
in this circuit using LDR(light detected resistor)
when light fall on it then it resistance high and when light not fall then it,s zero resistance and this is work like Laser beam
i hope u understand:)

zachtheterrible said:
This is a cool little circuit that i made for a school project. It can be used as one of those things that is usually seen on the door of small shops so that when someone walks in it goes "ding dong". It could also be used as a burglar alarm (just need to get a loud enuf siren).

A light has to be pointed at the LDR. It can be anything, just as long as its bright enough. Im pretty sure that an infrared LED would work, a regular light, or my personal favorite: a laser pointer, just like in the movies 8) . You could encircle your house w/ a laser so wen someone crosses the beam you know.

R1 can be adjusted for sensitivity of the circuit to light. The lower R1, the more sensitive, and vica versa. The value of R1 will not allow the circuit to work in direct or indirect sunlight. R1 would have to be increased to make the circuit less sensitive to light (even then i doubt it would work in direct sunlight). An alternative to this is putting a tube on the LDR that is a couple centimeters long so that only light from the light source could get in.

R4 can be adjusted for how long the buzzer stays on. 100k makes it stay on for about 9 seconds. Or the value of C1 could be adjusted.

Someday i plan on putting a transmitter on the circuit so that it could be put out in the yard, and a receiver inside would go off. HAVE FUN :lol:

In this Circuit you didnot give the value of NPN,NPN,PNP transistor. Plz show the value of these Transistors . Have a nice day
GOOG LUCK. :)

KingEmperor24 said:
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I am looking to create this system and in addition have it sound an alarm inside my house. For instance, whenever a car pulls up into the driveway an alarm tells me. I think that the easiest way would be to use a simple FM transmitter instead of a buzzer, though I'm not completely sure; I would be picking up the signal a a standard radio and excessive static could be annoying. Any suggestions and Schematics/other help?

I'm a noob to electronics past incredibly simple stuff.

Thanks.

*bump*

:)

Newbie here! Help, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to request help and Info reguarding Infrared LED Sensors. I'm trying to custom build a Wireless Sensor bar to replace the wired sensor bar that comes with the Nintendo Wii System. With a projector instead of a TV, the cable is not long enough and I have seen on other sites a homemade wireless IR LED Sensor bar utilizing 4 IR LEDs with 4 AA Batteries. I would like to utilize a AC adapter instead of batteries. Can anyone make a recommendation as to a wiring scheme I should follow with utilizing four of Radio Shacks #276-143 IR LED(1.2 volts ea). Do I need a resistor in line? I have several ac adapters left over from obsolete electronics, calculator chargers etc.. I have a DC 4 volt, or a 9 volt. Any recommendations & help would be appreciated and would help me make my family happier by not reaching or entangling themselves in any more wires than I already have. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back