Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Large selection components upto 30% Discount to ETO members (T&C apply)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostman11

I just wanted to let members know of a new venture i have embarked on. i am currently setting up a online store to seel NEW components at rock bottom prices. I am also offering discounts on theese low prices of upto 30% for ETO members (100+ posts only).
the shop is a little way from being complete and its likely we will first have a presence on ebay.
all components are new or new/oold stock. i am buying in large quantities of surplus and bankrupt stock from many sources. theese are then taken off bulk reels etc and repackaged for resale. so far we have around 11,000 different lines and many many hundreads of thousands of components. some are pretty hard to come across such as mercury wetted relays. new stock arrives 4 times a week on average, and includes both a large selection of through hole and SMD. the range is growing daily and already is very diverse.
please note tho that due to the emense work load myself and business partner are under it may be several more weeks before we can take orders! we will of course be offering at cost shipping to members not in the uk
regards jason

Be sure to ship certified or registered, signature required, or by private carrier. Parcel Force is pretty good. USPS stinks. Pilferage at US Customs is rampant. One of the hobby suppliers I use is in Hong Kong. It ships registered, and no problems so far. When I bought some machine collets from an individual in the UK, we went with regular Parcel Force to USPS. They were stolen by a US Customs agent in New York. Minus $400 to me.

John

Thanks for posting ghostman. Perhaps you could post a basic inventory list? You don't have to mention everything, just enough to give people an idea ;)

Der Strom

an inventory will be made availiable online in due course, there is so many items it's hard to give an idea, but as a tiny sample the following are so far logged and packed. through hole resistor full range all series includeing 0.1% accuracy. smd resistors it present it looks like we have all series all values. ok i should say all common series before i get picked up on that lol.
electrolytic caps we have around 260 different types and rateings logged so far all under 18 months old but we have many many more we have yet to unpack and repack, trim pots 40 different pcb mounted types with around 35 different values. pcb mounted switches we have huge numbers are many types. pcb mounted relays so far mainly RS old stock 5v,12v and 2-3 others i cant remeber. we have around 6 different physical sizes.
RJ45 sockets 4 different kinds huge numbers will retail for around 5p each. LEDS absolutely VAST numbers 5 different smd sizes 6 different through hole includeing just about every colour you can think of, RGB water clear 5mm led's retail around £5 per 100 leds
i will try and add more to this list as and when i get time. nearly forgot smd RTCC back up batteries £0.08 each (still in date but want rid)

also forgot to add we have done some good deals with DHL and FEDEX for shipping and all consignments over £10 will be signature orders under £10 you will have a choice of signature or not

Last edited:
G'day Jason,
I only saw this post today and aint caught with you in chat to talk about it. If the postage over Oz isn't a killer I will certainly put in a nice order, particularly some of the smd stuff like resistors and caps (1206 so I can atleast see them). Or if some guys from Oz on this forum want some then maybe we could combine the package so it all comes over in one hit then I will glady post them out using our snail mail system.

Cheers Bryan

ok thyanks bryan. postage and packaging is at cost, we are also offering a slightly cheaper service were we recycle packaging where we can this can also cut the cost of postage a fair bit. 1206 will certainly be stocked. the shop is under way but wont be open untill weve ironed the bugs out. if anything is needed in a hurry tho i can get stuff sorted by pm.
the other i am after is ideas on what people like to get in mixed grab bags. for anyone interested in FPGA i will post a list in the next couple of days of the FPGA stuff we got, i would like to get theese shifted out the way so prices will be mind bendingly low!!

Hi Jason,

I'm definitely interested, I'm always looking for new sources of supply for projects and small batch manufacture etc. Post back when you think you have a list/catalog together or when the shop is running. I'm sure I will be able to place some good orders with ya :>)

Only just saw this thread - good luck with the new venture!
Shop anything like up and running yet? I am watching this space :)

the other i am after is ideas on what people like to get in mixed grab bags.
I always liked panel mount stuff like switchs, meters, lamps, jacks.
Never seem to have enough laying around for that quick project.

They were stolen by a US Customs agent in New York.

John

Hola John,

Is it what I know as a Custom broker in my daily work? The one who deals with Customs on behalf customers for impo / expo?

By Customs Agent, I meant the Federal government employee who is supposed to inspect and clear shipments into the United States. If you visit the US, they are the ones who may or may not rummage through your baggage. We also have customs brokers who you can hire to shepherd your shipment and help ensure the government agents don't steal anything of value.

Hiring such agents can be prohibitively expensive on a piece by piece basis. What I learned from the experience is to use a private international shipper, like DHL, FedEx, EMS, and so forth. First, those shippers provide meaningful tracking. Second and most important, they pack and seal a container, and the whole container with its bill of lading clears customs. The American agents/thieves cannot get their hands on individual items easily.

The real downside for me is that in the subsequent years, I have continued to look for a set of collets for that lathe (Smart & Brown Model A, http://www.lathes.co.uk/smartbrown/page2.html ) without success. It is a beautiful machine. The collets are becoming quite rare. They have Whitworth threads. I suspect the agent who stole them didn't have a clue what they really were.

John

OK. I always believed that you would call them Custom officers.

Had to deal with them many times, BTW, when arriving / leaving USA by plane and with vessels.

Still recall the "blue book" where they had long list of people and vessels that had some bad marks in their records.

Sorry ghostman. Derailing stopped.

the other i am after is ideas on what people like to get in mixed grab bags.

I reclaim a lot of stuff, so things I can't get that way - also unusual things to inspire inventions!

Hey Gman, hope you are well!

I'm in need of low-quantity SMD components--primarily 10k 805 resistors and 0.1uF and 470pF 805 capacitors. Could use a 1N4148W diode too. Any chance you've got these, and how much would you expect them to cost? I'm looking for about 10 10k resistors, 20 0.1uF caps, 10 470pF caps, and 10 diodes.

Thanks!
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back