Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop MBD help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Av2007

Hi everyone, I've been hunting around on Google trying to figure out what I need and came across this site, hopefully you guys can help?

I have a friends laptop which she attempted to use on some sort of car charger and now it does not work.

I've opened it up and there is something blown, the thing is I don’t know what the something is. Please look at the attachment and you will see what I'm on about.

Is anyone able to tell me what that is so I can order a replacement.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF1920 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF1920 [640x480].JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 416
A new laptop? There's more than one burned part there, what's on the other side of the board?

A new laptop? There's more than one burned part there, what's on the other side of the board?

Yes, well just over a year old I believe.
I have taken pictures of the other side, please find them attached (Hope they are light enough).

Attachments

• DSCF1928 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF1928 [640x480].JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCF1933 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF1933 [640x480].JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 386
That side of the board looks relatively okay.
Considering the resistor looks like it's been well nigh vaporized there is no way to determine what it's value was, since it's a multi layer board there could very well be internal shorts. In short, it's not repairable.

That side of the board looks relatively okay.
Considering the resistor looks like it's been well nigh vaporized there is no way to determine what it's value was, since it's a multi layer board there could very well be internal shorts. In short, it's not repairable.

Okay, thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back