Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Korg KR-55 Drum Machine Repair Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjaminagresti

Hello all.

I have a somewhat rare Korg KR-55 drum Machine. It used to work just fine, but I am now having a problem where only some of the sounds produce audio. The snare and the cymbal work, but nothing else. A possible reason for this is it was stored in my basement, and we had a flood down there. I am not sure if got wet, but it was definitely in a lot of moisture.

So far I have opened it up and cleaned all the connections, and looked for anything that could be water damage and cleaned as best I could. No luck yet though.

It is an analogue machine so it's all circuitry that I am not to familiar with so I figured this would be a good place to ask. I'm posting pictures as well as the schematics (I don't know how to read them), and hopefully give me at least a place to start.

Folder of Pictures
Schematics

Thanks!

Benjamin

my first advice is Don't power it up - it's to prevent any fruther damage until . . .
basically you need to find the faulty modules -- and as you said you do not have much experience for
... its somethig like you disconnect/separate the power supplies - verify they meet the specs . . .
- a lot of work you need to know in which order and how (each target specific) to perform it

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back