Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug PORTB header mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomSoft said:
Hey futz look.. I liked your portb mod so i made one :D

Will hot glue soon! But try to make it small amount
You didn't add the 5V and ground pins either! :p I wish I had. One day I'll redo it and add those.

BTW: Pics look great. I still haven't built my light box. It's going to happen... Soon...

blueroomelectronics said:
The portb mod only brings out the I/O pins, the ICSP is not affected. It brings out RB0 thru RB5.

I know that! That is basic stuff there buddy. I am simply saying that you might as well do some sort of off board 18F1320 so that way you won't have any limitations on what you want to do. Doing the MOD is etc, but you might as well make it a target board.

Good looking mod AtomSoft.

This is just an idea.

Change the new connector to a 2x5 so you can use a ribbon cable. They have been used on target boards for about as long as I can remember. The cables are cheap and fast to build. May be a little harder to solder and attach.

EDIT:
People who have ready access to custom PCBs do less moding or this sort because they often go right to custom PCBs with their design. I think that is where Krumlink was coming from. Context is everything.

Last edited:
3v0 said:
Change the new connector to a 2x5 so you can use a ribbon cable. They have been used on target boards for about as long as I can remember. The cables are cheap and fast to build. May be a little harder to solder and attach.
Now that's a good idea! :D

I shoulda thought of that. Ah well, I have lots of single row ribbons too... And single row at the breadboard end is lots easier to deal with.

OK The below are the updates on portb mod... and the last image is my con3 connector for lcd old mod... Did you ever code the LCD with the PORTB mod?

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

i The reason i asked about code is because i kind of blew my RA1 pin a while back but i got it to show some jibberish on the LCD using RB3 but could not get it to sho good stuff...

AtomSoft said:
**broken link removed**
When you build those perfboard breadboard adapters, what holds the pins firmly to the perfboard when you pull out? Is it just fatty solderballs on the backside? How well do they hold up to abuse?

3v0 that make so much sense but a little to late.. as i glued :( but ill make sure to make a note of the pinout on paper (print my image) and put it on desk to see all the time and remind myself

AtomSoft said:
they hold up pretty well since its sort of a loop into 2 holes but i might add a small handle type wire to pull from
I might start making my own sometimes. I usually use Technological Arts adapters, but sometimes I don't have one around. You saw the AVR cable trick on my site? Hacksaw a bunch of smaller adapters out of one 50-pin TechArts adapter? They're nice adapters, but sometimes it would be good to just quickly make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back