Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JFET Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanTech

Hi there

I'm currently stuck on a simple JFET inverter design. I know the BJT equivalent, but am unsure how to do the equivalent using a JFET. How would I go about designing an inverter using an N-channel JFET? I'm assuming no gate resistor is necessary, since the JFET has a high impedance and only acts on voltage.

I was thinking of inserting a resistor between Vcc and drain to drop the voltage to 0 V when the JFET is active to achieve the inversion function. How would I calculate this resistor value? At the moment my circuit is acting more like a switch than an inverter.

Attached, please find my preliminary design.

Thanks in advance
Jean

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 2.13.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 2.13.44 PM.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 406
Hint:
To turn an N-channel JFET off you need to make the gate negative with respect to the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back