Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

its gotta go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

well I'm trying to just setup a simple window comparator in multisim but oops... I discovered a second nature to the TL082.... its increased the voltage.... have I solved the planets power issues before even getting my solar panels up ??????

Attachments

• Untitled.gif
    Untitled.gif
    114.8 KB · Views: 398
There's also the phase inversion problem, the output flips when the inputs are operated too close to the negative rail.

I wouldn't recommend the TL8x/7x for this, use a real comparator like the LM393.

yea well just for getting the idea down on erm... screen I wanted the op amps as they can source as well sink making it easier on me fidling around, i think there is something wrong with the TL082 model

I'm not sure that's the case, your modle is probably working correctly. There are plenty of resources describing the phase inversion issue with the TL082.

TL082 phase inversion - Google Search

I'm sure you can get comparators that have a push-pull output so you don't need any pull-ups. There are also other op-amps you can use, i.e. LM358, LM1558 which don't suffer from phase inversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back