Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a 3 to 3.5" LCD with analog RGB input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilykat

I want to mod my TurboExpress and there are many guides on the internet for this. Such as this one: http://blog.home108.com/ But they all are generally a hack to tap video signal off the video chip and combine them to composite. The original LCD from TurboExpress does take RGB signal, and here's the pinout. The original 2.5" LCD is decent but modern LCD have improved image greatly compared to 25-year old LCD technology.

1: Ground
2: brightness
3: -24V
4: comp Sync (inverted)
5: Vid Blue
6: Vid Red
7: vid Green
8: +5V

Does anyone know of a small LCD, 3 to 3.5" range (about 75mm to 90mm) that can take analog RGB signal? I have a couple cheap composite LCD, but I couldn't find datasheet or pinout of the chip to see if there is separate RGB input. If I could use LCD and tap into those existing RGB signal (or find LCD with separate RGB input), I could leave the video chip intact and less likely to break the pins off of it. The video chip uses rather small 0.2-ish inch spacing and would be a pain in the butt to desolder and lift them.

A Sharp 4L-U4E might fit your requirements. They're old, but they're analog and about 100mm diagonal measure.

100mm would be pushing the physical limit of the entire system. I'll look into this and see if I can shave some off without compromising the TurboExpress shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back