Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to use Codevision AVR C source in AVR studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nihal_2000

Hi guy's

I wanted to some project. I found similar project code in Codevision AVR C. I am using AVR studio, can I use the same c program in AVR studio without any change. Code includes C source fiel, PRJ file and .hex file.

Program is written in C, I think it can be used with some modification, If that is the case then please guide me what modification it needs?

What is the difference between Codevision AVR C and Atmel AVR C compiler?

Please guide me…..thanks to all!

I dont know much about C or C++ but Ihave codevision and use it to test out small snippets of code like getting the data out of a string that is separated by commas. (String Tokeniser)

I find I can run it and get a result without uploading it to a board. When I get it right I copy it and drop it into the arduino IDE sketch wich uses avrDude.

The C++ code is the same I think , why would there be a difference ? If there is I'd like to know too.

Many things are different, as the codevision software has its own implemented compiler. in cv you can for example access all i/o pins bitwise by writng to and reading from PORTB.0 or PIND.6 for example. It also uses different laboratories etc etc.

I believe the only C compiler AVR Studio supports is AVR GCC Through WinAVR I believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back