Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it nessessary or beneifical to run a lighting ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrogers

Hi all, I am fitting some downlighters to my kitchen ceiling. There will be 12 lights in total. I have run cable to each point and left a big loop. The thing I'm unsure on is weather I should wire the 12 lights up like a small ring main, ie. have the cable from the last light fitting connecting back to the first light in the series?

thanks all!

Last edited:
Low-voltage halogens? They pull a fair amount of current - the advantage to completing the ring would be to minimize any I/R drop between the first and last lights, making them the same brightness.

Hi Duffy, yeah they are 12v halogens indeed. Thanks for the info. Would that only apply if they were powered from one 12v source? I'm thinking of using one transformer per light fitting

Yes, that would only apply if you had a string of them on one source.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back