Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter PCB reverse engineering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

things

Hi, I have the inverter PCB from some EL wire, and it has a switch on it which goes thru 4 modes, on, slow flash, fast flash and off.

So I am wondering, is it possible to connect a potentiometer to this so I can vary the flash speed? Also, is it possible to modify the circuit slightly so it could be flashed remotely (Direct connection to the transistor or something maybe?)

Since I don't have xray vision, I can't tell what is under that black blob.

Thanks,
Dan

Looks like you'll have to take it apart :) I doubt they'll use a microcontroler for just those four basic modes, sounds like its probably an astable, with the switch not only turning the inverter on and off, but also switching out resistors for speed.

Not really possible to say anything for certain without seeing the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back