Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter killed my guitar looper pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue-moves

I plugged my Digitech JamMan Stereo (9v guitar FX pedal) into an inverter (12v system in campervan) and it worked for about 15 seconds and now it's DEAD!!

2 questions: What have I done to it?, and, How do I fix it?

(my mate says it's because it's NOT a PURE sine wave inverter...?)

Welcome to ETO.
Can you provide a link to the inverter spec?

i'll have to check the inverter for make model etc. - not near campervan until tomorrow..

my mate reckons he's had a whole string of power supplies and units 'fried' until someone told him to get a 'pure' sinewave inverter (much more expensive than the regular 'modified' sinewave inverters)

i just thought that someone on here could tell me what component is most likely to have failed in my guitar pedal (ie. what does a "M.S.I." send to a device that a "P.S.I." doesn't?) - I have of course ascertained that the pedal is fried and not just the power supply. (checked it with a known working power supply).

From the link Ian provided it looks like it uses a plug in power supply. I think it will be this that has failed. I think a switch mode power supply would be OK working from an inverter but an older type with a normal 50/60 Hz transformer may not like the waveform. I suspect thet the core would saturate, get hot and the thermal fuse would open.

Les.

a normal 50/60 Hz transformer may not like the waveform.
I agree.. But a switched mode 9vac might be hard to find.. I think a new transformer with 9vac out will fix the problem... Plenty on Ebay..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back