Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing of BT & micro-controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanlee

hii frnds i wud like to know...
how to interface a BT(bluetooth) chip version 2.0 with micro-controller? plz...very urgent.

bluetooth adapter is a usb.. if so, is there any need to install bluetooth s/w? if so, how? if i'm going to use PC i can install if at all require. but it is microcontroller...

Last edited:
how to interface BT usb dongle with microcontroller??

thanz a lot:)

also, i've one more doubt...

My question is...

1) I wanna send a contact no. from my mobile via bluetooth to a bluetooth usb dongle.

2) from that bluetooth usb dongle i wanna send that contact no. to my micro controller PIC16F/18F.

how can i do this? plz provide the solution.

@Blueroomelectronics

if so, is this proposal is possible....

1) I'm going to insert my BT usb dongle to usb port,

2) from that usb port I'm going to interface via RS232 to my microcontroller.

now tell me:confused:

hey frnds... it is required to install s/w drivers for bluetooth dongle type into PC.

In the similar way... is it possible to install s/w drivers for bluetooth dongle type into my microcontroller? If so, how to install the s/w drivers into my microcontroller? can anyone tell the procedure plz:confused::(

The serial bluetooth adapters have the drivers built in, the USB ones don't and require the OS driver to do much of the work. Your microcontroller can't connect to the USB ones.

Ohh...

1) what is bluetooth adapter?

2) then, how to interface bluetooth adapter with microcontroller(i'm using PIC16F series?

3) can u ppl provide step by step connection?

4) Where can i find the bluetooth adapter in the indian market?

5) is there any possibility of interfacing bluetooth module with microcontroller? If so, how?:confused::(

If you don't what what a bluetooth adapter is then why do you need one.
It'll look similar to this and is about $100 US.
**broken link removed**

hiii frnz, please help me out!!

i want to send a contact number from my mobile using a bluetooth feature.....on the other side the microcontroller should receive that contact number with the help of bluetooth dongle connected to it.

but now i came to know dat it is not possible to connect a usb bluetooth dongle to a microcontroller for communication.

so, now my problem is, if it is not possible to connect a bluetooth USB dongle to a microcontroller for communication...then what can u suggest me..is there any alternative for this(i.e, is it possible to connect a bluetooth module to a microcontroller for communication??????)

pls do reply meeee....needed urgently!!:(

Thanks in advance...

1) what is bluetooth adapter?

Transceiver that communicate with your equipment using rs232 or usb or ... protocol on one side and to other BT devices using BT protocol

2) then, how to interface bluetooth adapter with microcontroller(i'm using PIC16F series?
depending from bt adapter you can connect it to your microcontroller using serial or usb connection. PIC16F does not have ability to perform USB HOST function so if you want to use PIC16F you have to use BT adapter with serial connection.

you can use some of the SENA adapters .. parani ESD110 for example like Bill told you .. and then connect

microcontroller <--serial-->parani<--BT wireless-->yourphone

3) can u ppl provide step by step connection?

this is not something that can be done in 3 lines of code and with few wires

4) Where can i find the bluetooth adapter in the indian market?

no idea, but check local distributors for SENA product, they have wide range of BT adapters.

5) is there any possibility of interfacing bluetooth module with microcontroller? If so, how?

depends on "what BT adater" to "what microcontroller" :) if you have BT adapter with serial connection you can connect it using almost any microcontroller. You do not even need level shifter, just connect RX to TX and TX to RX and few status pins and you are ready to transmit/receive. Check the datasheet of ESD110/ESD210: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/01/ds_parani_esd.pdf

the other solution is to use some usb host capable microcontroller like FTDI VNC1L-1A and then connect simple USB BT dongle to it.

In any case, you will have to program the microcontroller to recognise data sent by the phone, respond to phone's requests and decode the data sent by the phone.

Attachments

• screenshot3.png
    screenshot3.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 345
hiii frnz...i have some more doubts regarding my prj..pls make it clear na..

1. is it enough to connect a mc to a bt module directly or do we need any software to be installed in mc to access the data from the bluetooth module??????

2.after the connection between bt module and mc....how the other device(i.e,mobile with bt feature) wil recognise this bt module to send some data(i.e,contact no. from mobile) to dat module???

pls do help me...i wil be thankful to u all

Last edited:
hiiii @blueroomelectronics....i need this information very urgently as my project deadline is nearer...

so plsss help mee...thank u in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back