Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing bluetooth to microcontroller and Bluetooth to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkoolguy_2787

Hi, I am a student working on a project. My project aim is to interface bluetooth to microcontroller and Bluetooth to PC such that wheneva i type a character on PC, the character is transmitted via. PC connected USB dongle and the same is displayed on LCD via receiver Bluetooth UART module..I am hvin few queries which i wud lik to clear before i implement my project..

(1) I wanted to know that if i power on my bluetooth UART module(which is my receiver side)then will it synchronize automatically with the transmitting end...OR will the PC connected USB dongle detect the receiver UART module as soon as the receiver module is powered on..??
Based on (1)
(2) Shud i need to program or write an application or AT commands in PIC so as to detect the transmitter side USB dongle n get ready for communication..or the inbuilt stack firmware in the bluetooth UART module does this automatically for us when we synchronize the baud rate via PIC..

(3) Related to Hyper terminal i wanted to know that can i establish wireless bluetooth connection i.e. connection between PC connected USB bluetooth dongle and Bluetooth UART module on the receiver side which can be detected using bluetooth software from a particular port wherein USB dongle is connected..so can we FIX THAT PORT for establishing communication link between 2 devices..?
what can be the foolproof procedure for establishing wireless connection between 2 bluetooth devices using Hyperterminal..??
If possible, plz guide me in gettin a proper solution to this..
Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
I am doing a project using bluetooth and microcontrollers too. I am confused as to which bluetooth module and microcontrollers to buy now. Can you please tell me the products you have with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back