Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing a webcam with pc nd 8051 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie007

hi all...i m v.new to microcontrollers...i want to make a system in which a 8051 microcontroller upon an interrupt will
1) direct the pc via a serial port(rs-232 interface using max 232 ic) to instruct a webcam to capture an image.

2) The webcam will be connected to the pc via usb port.

i need basic help here....
1)in coding in assembly language...and
2)other valuable knowledge relating to serial and usb ports.....

ive only known microcontrollers for a month and this help is going to be extremely essential for my semester project.......i need help urgently....thanking u in anticipation....

hi ...i m v.new to microcontrollers...i want to make a system in which a 8051 microcontroller upon an interrupt will
1) direct the pc via a serial port(rs-232 interface using max 232 ic) to instruct a webcam to capture an image.

ive only known microcontrollers for a month and this help is going to be extremely essential for my semester project.......i need help urgently....thanking u in anticipation....

DONT SPAM MESSAGES TO PEOPLE! YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNED THIS!

hi all...i m v.new to microcontrollers...i want to make a system in which a 8051 microcontroller upon an interrupt will

Seems pretty simple i would suggest learning some VB or something to send keystrokes to the webcam application it self to take a snap shot.

So all you have to do is make a vb program that will listen to the com port and when a specific command is read send the keys needed to work the other program. You can always just make a program to control the webcam itself but requires way more experience.

Its easy to implement a computer controlled automation system if you have know how to communicate between PC & the uC.

See the link it has the same uC type & has some VB tutorials.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back