Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing a USB ps3 controller with dragon12 (HCS12 based) board

Status
Not open for further replies.

smol

Trying to interface my ps3 controller via usb with my dragon12 (HCS12 based) board. Dragon12 doesn't have ubs host port for connecting USB peripheral devices but im thinking of using a ubs to TTL converter. Not sure if that will work though because I read USB to TTL provides a connection for SCI communication. Do I need SPI communication for this to work? I'm trying to build a Quadcopter and I wanna control it with a ps3 controller.

Also my microcontroller has RS232 port; Using that port, can I use a USB to Serial converter to interface my ps3 controller?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Also my microcontroller has RS232 port; Using that port, can I use a USB to Serial converter to interface my ps3 controller?
Extremly difficult.... A USB host is needed to read a USB device... The software stack is immense and has to be correct.

You will need a host to read the USB then pass it on to your mirco!! This begs the question.. Why not use a micro with USB hosting capabilities.. Even then hacking the protocol is a task in itself... https://hackaday.com/2011/03/11/all-about-ps3-sixaxis-controller-usb-communications/

Thanks for your reply Ian Rogers,

In that case I will probably just go with a Ardiuno UNO with a USB host shield since there many instruction guides for interfacing the ps3 controller. Don't know too much about hacking protocols but I might one day work on that for a project and show it off on my resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back