Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Insignia Digital Home Theater display stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul D350

Insignia Model #IS-HC040917

I was hooking up the A/V receiver yesterday and when finished all connections I turned it on and the display is completely dark. The manual states the brightness is adjustable but it won't illuminate at all for me to be able to make any adjustments. It's as if no power whatsoever is getting to the display panel. I have the cover off but there's nothing visibly amiss.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can check?

I should mention that all functions are working properly: the receiver can be switched manually to different input sources and operates in all five different digital sound processing modes. Music can be played as loud as desired without any distortion. The only thing not working is the digital front display panel. Please help…

Welcome to ETO, Paul D350!

Did you try this (from the Insignia Model #IS-HC040917 manual):
upload_2017-8-9_16-52-50.png

Welcome to ETO, Paul D350!

Did you try this (from the Insignia Model #IS-HC040917 manual):
View attachment 107469

I did: The problem is that the display will not illuminate enough to even allow me to see when I've gotten to "Dimmer 8" mode of the setup menu. I've tried switching modes one at a time and then turning the "Adjust" knob for each one, but can't tell which one I'm adjusting and can't tell when I'm in "Dimmer 8" adjusting mode. Does that make sense?

... but can't tell which one I'm adjusting and can't tell when I'm in "Dimmer 8" adjusting mode. Does that make sense?

Yes, it does. And you took the steps I would have as well. Thus, sadly, I don't have a solution.

Quite a few of the posts I came across about Insignia Model #IS-HC040917 had all manner of problems with only one involving the readout itself.

I came away from the exercise thinking that the machines sure were exhibiting an unusual number and varieties of failures.

Greetings Paul !

I downloaded the manual and viewed a picture of your unit and it appears from my observation that this unit utilizes a 'flourescent display'. I have seen these types of displays fail more than once, although usually it doesn't usually happen abruptly. Usually when they fail they simply get dimmer and dimmer until you can no longer see anything displayed. Has your display just stopped working abruptly or did it fail gradually as I have described ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back