Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

-> Information abouth Transformers <-

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoSilva

Hello :), recently i discovered that i have in my reach a machine to produce coils, inductors and transformers.

So i proposed to myself to build one transformer for a power suplly, but i don't have the formula nor the correct number of turns or the thickness to make the Primary side of the transformer to work at 220Vac, so i was wandering if someone out there knows that.

Primary : 220Vac
How many turns ??
Wire thickness ??

Can you help me ? Help then !! :D
Well thank you all for your time.
Bye. 8) :D

Transformer design is very complex and I could not tell you how to do it. When I need a transformer, I either re-wind the secondary of an existing transformer, using the original primary, or contract for someone knowledgable to design it. I had a 4KW switching transformer designed and built for $100 US, which was a great bargain.
I suggest that you post the specifications here and see if there is a transformer designer who will respond. The designer will need to know:
The size, shape and material of the core.
the frequency
the output voltage and current
the input voltage

Good luck.

Hi, that mutch ?

Here thay go ! :

(The size and shape)
It's a comon power transformer with a FERRITE core inside.

Primay : 220Vac - 50Hz
Secondary : 24Vac - 3A

But if someone could get me the FURMULAS to build one i would thank you even more :). :D
Bye.

Transformers

Did he specify if he wanted a step up or down?? I didn't see that in there because if he has 220 VAC on the Primary he could want a step up of 1:10 which would give him 2200 VAC.... Which do you want a step up or down?

transformers

Ok I take it then that you want a step down correct. I can't remember the formulas off the top of my head but give me a day or two to look back in my book and I'll ave them for you.

Hi, Ok then :D see what you can do for me then :D thanks man, i have some publication that says a formula but its onlu for the number os turns versus the voltage (V), its linear but for the wire thickness makes sense to be the current (A), so i need the referênce just to build the Primary, the secondary is made by the Primary Values i think, i need to know the Primary values to:

220V -> 24V 3 A
I think that the frequency doesn't change from one side to the other of the transformer

its 50Hz.

Well thanks all :)
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back